-Joey-

Cookie Fuel arrived today

It's awesome
10/10 would jump

The sizes run a little small compared to the various DZ-issued rental helmets I've used; the large I got fits slightly tight even though the mediums at the DZ tended to fit a little loose.

The contour mount works beautifully (although it can be a bit of a pain in the ass to install at first). If you're thinking about this setup just make sure you order the left side mount in addition to the contour mount because that's what the contour mount screws into...

Anyone else have one yet and have any thoughts?
Skydiving is serious business

Anyone else ...have any thoughts?

Yes - What are you going to do when a line snags around that, and you are spinning/hanging on your head? Fumble for the chinstrap standard 2-point squeeze-to-release plastic buckle while under that load? - Good luck with that.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

What are you gonna do when a whirlwind collapses your main at 300 feet? Skydiving has its risks, believe it or not. But let's please not turn this into another one of those threads... okay? :)

Okay as much as I'd love to hear thoughts on everything ranging from the crisis in Egypt to selecting the right real estate agent, let me rephrase... anyone have any thoughts ON THE COOKIE FUEL? :P

-Joey-

Okay as much as I'd love to hear thoughts on everything ranging from the crisis in Egypt to selecting the right real estate agent, let me rephrase... anyone have any thoughts ON THE COOKIE FUEL? :P

no, i think what you meant to say was, "does anyone have any POSITIVE thoughts on my new plain boring white Cookie Fuel? And please leave all the negative comments off"

...anyone have any thoughts ON THE COOKIE FUEL?

Huh? ...I just gave you a thought on the Cookie Fuel, as you have (HAD) pictured right there in your set up!! - :S

Anyone ever want to post to ever get any REAL feedback, that they will even try to consider, rather than just to "hear their own voice" exclaiming "look at me, and how COOL I am"? >:( - [:/]

You apparently have absolutely no real interest at all, in honest - trying to be of actual, real HELP to you, consideration/concern (noted) feedback. So then - why did you even post here in GEAR & RIGGING then, even at all?

You're right dude ...man, that Cookie is "10/10 would jump" - You are just DA BOMB most uber-cool getting it and setting it up that way. I am the idiot. Obviously. :S

Carry on.

Post a pic of the contour mounted to the helmet.

He did. There were 4 pictures on his original post. The 4th one showed it with the camera mounted. That was precisely what I was commenting on and why I posted.

But of course instead, entirely for sensationalism, and I suppose to make it look like "woe is him ...everyone just picks on him FOR NO REASON" - he's apparently taken that pic down.

This thread has no business in G&R (any longer) as is. Probably never did, as clearly - he is not interested in the least in valid, HONEST feedback. [:/]

Get jealous much? Let's see pics of your ever so exciting gear! Oh, you don't have any... So you try to make people feel like they're shit isn't cool because you can't afford it. Go cry to mommy about it. Maybe she'll hold you in her bussom and give you a tissue. Maybe she'll even tell you you're handsome despite being a troll. Go back under your bridge.

Scrumpot

...anyone have any thoughts ON THE COOKIE FUEL?

Huh? ...I just gave you a thought on the Cookie Fuel, as you have (HAD) pictured right there in your set up!! - :S

Anyone ever want to post to ever get any REAL feedback, that they will even try to consider, rather than just to "hear their own voice" exclaiming "look at me, and how COOL I am"? >:( - [:/]

You apparently have absolutely no real interest at all, in honest - trying to be of actual, real HELP to you, consideration/concern (noted) feedback. So then - why did you even post here in GEAR & RIGGING then, even at all?

You're right dude ...man, that Cookie is "10/10 would jump" - You are just DA BOMB most uber-cool getting it and setting it up that way. I am the idiot. Obviously. :S

Carry on.

I don't agree much but this dude, I agree. If i would have said the same thing people would have thought i was a troll or a jerk or both.

Apollo87

Get jealous much? Let's see pics of your ever so exciting gear! Oh, you don't have any... So you try to make people feel like they're shit isn't cool because you can't afford it. Go cry to mommy about it. Maybe she'll hold you in her bussom and give you a tissue. Maybe she'll even tell you you're handsome despite being a troll. Go back under your bridge.

Oh don't worry about my gear, ahem *voodoo curve*, that's on order bro. You're better off worrying about yourself first and your student status. If you would expend 1/4 of the energy you have on getting your license instead of worrying about my gear or my mom's bussom then you might be finished with aff :o

Dude asked what we think so I post what I think....OP didn't say "what do you guys think...only positive input please". So i told OP what I think..it's plain, it's white, it's boring, it has no quick release..i mean OP asked for thoughts.

Apollo87

Maybe she'll even tell you you're handsome despite being a troll.

oh don't worry, my mom is not the only person that think i'm handsome. Trust me bro, prospects at the DZ think i'm hot..only reason why they don't go up to me is cuz they are intimidated.

GooniesKid

***Get jealous much? Let's see pics of your ever so exciting gear! Oh, you don't have any... So you try to make people feel like they're shit isn't cool because you can't afford it. Go cry to mommy about it. Maybe she'll hold you in her bussom and give you a tissue. Maybe she'll even tell you you're handsome despite being a troll. Go back under your bridge.

Oh don't worry about my gear, ahem *voodoo curve*, that's on order bro. You're better off worrying about yourself first and your student status. If you would expend 1/4 of the energy you have on getting your license instead of worrying about my gear or my mom's bussom then you might be finished with aff :o

Dude asked what we think so I post what I think....OP didn't say "what do you guys think...only positive input please". So i told OP what I think..it's plain, it's white, it's boring, it has no quick release..i mean OP asked for thoughts.

*Ahem*, you don't have gear and you're telling people their shit sucks. Lol. Having a voodoo curv "on order" coming from you, doesn't hold much value. Let's see your "badass" "exciting" helmet! I think his looks fine. It's a hell of a lot better than not having one at all. :o

I finished AFF. Unless you know of a school that has a 23 jump AFF course? Mine was only 7 w/ 7 coached jumps, Einstein. If it was 1/4 as easy and inexpensive as typing a paragraph to call out a troll on his bull$#!t, I think skydivers would be in grave danger. Your feeble-minded comebacks actually made me laugh. I'm ashamed... :(

Come on guys! FEED THE TROLL! It's starving for attention!! Without instigating sarcastic disputes against the incontrovertible, he'd be bored and we wouldn't want that....

Everyone else's shit-talking aside:

I've been looking at this helmet myself, actually. I jump a protec right now because it does the things I want: It protects my head (better than most skydiving helmets could even pretend to), it holds my protrack, and my gopro mount stuck to it.

I haven't had a chance to look at a Fuel in person yet but if it's essentially a higher-quality protec made for skydiving, I'm gonna strongly consider one. The price IS a bit of a turnoff, though.
cavete terrae.

Tetrahedron

You have no idea how many threads -Joey- has trolled.

Have fun defending a troll from people just looking for a little payback.

don't know why i'm called a troll. OP asked what we thought and i said that helmet looks boring and overpriced.

Then for some odd reason, Apollo jumps in and starts calling me names like troll, einstein, starts talking about my mom and my good looks.

Can we please get a moderator in here to moderate this silliness?

Thanks

This whole thread belongs in either "General" or SC rather than G&R. The OP is *NOT* looking for any (legitimate) G&R response/feedback on this at all, as is clearly evident by his response to me, and then - his also immediately DELETING the most pertinent picture (showing with the camera mounted/attached) which it was I was (seriously - and PERTINENTLY) responding to!

Just, plain, F*ING ridiculous if you ask me. - >:(

And for the record - I don't think I've ever even "seen" this person before, let alone had ANY previous interaction with him. I was merely replying to and within a TOPICAL forum post/question - with a TOPICAL (pertinent) answer/observation. Or at least so I thought.

I apologize. I had no idea this "Joey" was (is) nothing more than a troll - as he is clearly with these actions even just in here, completely in of themselves (stand-alone) absolutely proving himself.

I seriously hope regardless that this "troll" does not end up hurting himself (or others), as a result of, or over his inability to accept LEGITIMATE observation/feedback is all.

And with that folks - with this thread here now - I am done / I am OUT.

Apologies all, for inadvertently, "feeding the troll". :$

Scrumpot

This whole thread belongs in either "General" or SC rather than G&R. The OP is *NOT* looking for any (legitimate) G&R response/feedback on this at all, as is clearly evident by his response to me, and then - his also immediately DELETING the most pertinent picture (showing with the camera mounted/attached) which it was I was (seriously - and PERTINENTLY) responding to!

Just, plain, F*ING ridiculous if you ask me. - >:(

And for the record - I don't think I've ever even "seen" this person before, let alone had ANY previous interaction with him. I was merely replying to a TOPICAL forum post/question with a TOPICAL (pertinent) answer/observation. Or at least so I thought.

I apologize. I had no idea this "Joey" was (is) nothing more than a troll - as he is clearly with these actions even just in here, completely in of themselves (stand-alone) absolutely proving himself.

I seriously hope regardless that this "troll" does not end up hurting himself (or others), as a result of, or over his inability to accept LEGITIMATE observation/feedback is all.

And with that folks - with this thread here now - I am done / I am OUT.

Apologies all, for inadvertently, "feeding the troll". :$

wait..so who's the troll? Me or OP? *confused* :S

GooniesKid

Dat $Hi!'s $250?!!!?? LOL!

Next time you have the inclination to burn some money please let me know and i'll gladly take it out of your hands.

LOL!!!!

What do i think? Ummmm, you got ripped off.

I bet it's not easy to scrape together the rent money every month doing tandems and videos while living on food stamps, so if you need some spare change, all you have to do is ask bro. But being angry about my expensive purchases isn't going to help anything. :)

-Joey-

***Dat $Hi!'s $250?!!!?? LOL!

Next time you have the inclination to burn some money please let me know and i'll gladly take it out of your hands.

LOL!!!!

What do i think? Ummmm, you got ripped off.

I bet it's not easy to scrape together the rent money every month doing tandems and videos while living on food stamps, so if you need some spare change, all you have to do is ask bro. But being angry about my expensive purchases isn't going to help anything. :)
Wow you bought an open face helmet, you are a baller! :D