Apollo87

Optimum vs PDR reserve for a sub-par newbie

GooniesKid

***I appreciate the concern, but I just spent every penny I've earned over the last 5 months on a new container and pulse with <120 jumps.

I'm not jumping it until I'm at least 90% confident I can stand up my 190 and safely land it in any condition I'm willing to jump in.

One of my stupid, but semi-logical thoughts, is I when can confidently jump the 190 I'll be able to accumulate some jumps before I have to cutaway to the 176 and gain some experience (fingers crossed, knock on wood, pray to skydiving gods). I already know... You don't have to say it.

You should have spent the last 5 months of your milk money getting coached jumps, paying for a canopy course, renting and trying out different rigs. Instead, you got uber excited, begged grandma to foot the bill for a rig (that you don't even know you'll want when the time comes). Perhaps Brian Germain's canopy progression might help you:
http://www.bigairsportz.com/pdf/bas-sizingchart.pdf

You're not jumping your said rig until you are 90% confident? Why don't you jump that rig when you are 100% confident?

And now you want to cross your fingers, pray to the gods, etc and just rely on luck instead of skill to get through this sport.

Can you please tell us which DZ you jump so I can avoid it? You're obviously a hazard to yourself AND OTHERS if you go down this path.

You opened this can of worms on yourself bro..not me

Good observations, GK.

My first gear was used, so I would have enough money to keep jumping regularly.

Buying new gear, when you can't afford it, at this stage of the game is a totally bad decision.

I can't believe his rigger and other people on the DZ didn't try to talk him out of it. smh

I've already come to the conclusion that I wouldn't be jumping this rig until I'm 90% confident I can fly it under any circumstance. I'm not gonna try to find and fly through a dirt devil, land off in some trees, make a hard low turn to see if I can recover, or fly to another state to land on a slope. There are circumstances that I won't be able to control... Hence the 90%. Even demoing a canopy for 2 weeks would only get me 15 jumps at the most and that's not going to make me the perfect canopy pilot for my pulse OR optimum. I'm just going to get as many jumps as I can under my belt until I know I can land my rig safely.

Most importantly, I've got ALL the information I need from plenty of respectable, experienced people. I don't need any more people telling me the same thing. I got more responses than I expected. Unless you aren't trolling and genuinely have a view that hasn't already been stated, thanks, but move on. I got it. Not trying to be rude, but no need to repeat what everyone's already said.

I have full coverage insurance, but I value my legs, mobility, and life... :P I'm new to this. You don't have to be rude. I've been told by the S&TA to do this. I had enough sense to question it, so lay off a bit, mmkay?

GooniesKid

You should have spent the last 5 months of your milk money getting coached jumps, paying for a canopy course, renting and trying out different rigs. Instead, you got uber excited, begged grandma to foot the bill for a rig (that you don't even know you'll want when the time comes).

You just regurgitate information looking for praise or conflict. You have no license? You have no gear? Why don't YOU spend your money on coached jumps, getting a license, canopy courses, and renting rigs before buying the newest "voodoo curv". I'm sorry you don't have a grandma that offered to buy you a birthday present. I didn't have to beg anyone, since it's your business. I've already told you I don't value your opinion. So stop giving it to me.

I've already done all of those things except rented gear. I'm spending money on jumps instead of renting gear because I need them and, as far as my gear,I'm not ready for it yet. I gathered that from people with real experience. But thanks for repeating, kid! You're real helpful. Is that enough food for you? Go back under your bridge and troll the next passerby. Ya got me! Good one! Now go bother someone else.

First of all, i don't get it...whenever I tell people the cold hard truth (usually when it's a "negative" or "i don't want to hear it" truth) i get called a troll/jerk/ahole, people start talking about my mom, or people start claiming i'm poor (when they don't even know what i do for a living).

Second of all, you should be jumping a rig you are 110% confident flying.
Taking a canopy course will not make you a perfect canopy pilot but it will give you other skills and knowledge you should know instead of pulling toggles left and right.

Again, i am not rude,,i'm not the one started calling names like troll, talking about moms, and talking about my good looks.
I tell the truth which obviously you don't like hearing.

I love how you say you're new to this yet think you have everything all worked out in your favor.

I have a board meeting to attend to so i need to cut this short...
Good luck and please post where you jump so i can avoid that DZ.

GooniesKid

First of all, i don't get it...
Again, i am not rude,,i'm not the one started calling names like troll, talking about moms, and talking about my good looks.
I tell the truth which obviously you don't like hearing.

DZ.

Oh, I forgot how polite you were. I tried to find the other "ever-so-polite" post, buuuut the mods deleted it for good reason...

GooniesKid

***I appreciate the concern, but I just spent every penny I've earned over the last 5 months on a new container and pulse with <120 jumps.

I'm not jumping it until I'm at least 90% confident I can stand up my 190 and safely land it in any condition I'm willing to jump in.

One of my stupid, but semi-logical thoughts, is I when can confidently jump the 190 I'll be able to accumulate some jumps before I have to cutaway to the 176 and gain some experience (fingers crossed, knock on wood, pray to skydiving gods). I already know... You don't have to say it.

You should have spent the last 5 months of your milk money getting coached jumps, paying for a canopy course, renting and trying out different rigs. Instead, you got uber excited, begged grandma to foot the bill for a rig (that you don't even know you'll want when the time comes). Perhaps Brian Germain's canopy progression might help you:

You're not jumping your said rig until you are 90% confident? Why don't you jump that rig when you are 100% confident?

And now you want to cross your fingers, pray to the gods, etc and just rely on luck instead of skill to get through this sport.

Can you please tell us which DZ you jump so I can avoid it? You're obviously a hazard to yourself AND OTHERS if you go down this path.

Seriously. Please leave this thread alone. I'm asking nicely. Try it sometime.

If that's the case then I would find a rig to rent for 50 jumps or so while you get comfortable jumping the Pulse 190, then try a Pulse 170. Once you're comfortable under the Pulse 170 then you'd likely be ready for the Optimum 176.

Are you saying that you think he should be testing a 170 at around 75ish jumps with a 1.3 WL or did I miss something? Not trolling, I just usually hear people's advice on here being more conservative with their wingloading.

It's a public forum and you asked a question. He has every right to post. Ignore the thread if you don't like the answers. It doesn't look like your listening to anyone anyway.
Owned by Remi #?

xijonix

If that's the case then I would find a rig to rent for 50 jumps or so while you get comfortable jumping the Pulse 190, then try a Pulse 170. Once you're comfortable under the Pulse 170 then you'd likely be ready for the Optimum 176.

Are you saying that you think he should be testing a 170 at around 75ish jumps with a 1.3 WL or did I miss something? Not trolling, I just usually hear people's advice on here being more conservative with their wingloading.

I think/hope he means when I get closer to ~75 jumps to demo the pulse 190 and then the optimum 193 to get a feel for it. More than likely that's what I'll do. After I'm super confident on a 190 rental/demo for 50-60 jumps, hopefully I'll be around 150 and I can jump my rig. I know that still maybe a little on the quick side, but I'd like to think I'll get in at least another 50 jumps, maybe more, after that before I have my first cutaway(knock on wood). Even if not, I'll be able to make it down safely. I'll only be jumping in primo conditions for a while. And be close to my C license by the time I Jump it. Who knows. I'll go by how my piloting skills go. I take a canopy course once a month and I jump as often as I can. I haven't started saving for any more gear yet, just paying for jumps, so I'd like to think I'll be close to my C within 4 months and I'm 75% sure I can lose at least 15-20lbs by then, if not more. I lost 20 in 4 weeks, gained 30 in 2, and now I've got 4 months to get back to 190. I'm gonna work my ass off and hope I get there.

labrys

It's a public forum and you asked a question. He has every right to post. Ignore the thread if you don't like the answers. It doesn't look like your listening to anyone anyway.

I've taken everyone's advice. Why don't you try reading the thread? I'm trying to learn something because I'm new and only know what I've been told by my instructors, so thanks for the insults. You're a great help... I'm sure if I, like gooniekid, hijacked your first thread on dz.com asking a question concerning your safety and started belittling you about your finances, told you that you're an idiot, and LOL'd at you when you had 24 jumps and already admitted you were new and just learning, you'd take my advice and be real nice to me. I thought we were supposed to give a $#!T about each other... Do you have anything useful to say or are you just here to argue?

labrys

It doesn't look like your listening to anyone anyway.

I wouldn't say he's not listening completely. He seems to understand that he's in a bit of a position here. Unfortunately, there are 2 major obstacles:

1. His plan relies on him losing a large amount of weight in a fairly short time in order to be reasonably compatible with conventional safety wisdom. Many people put weight on and are unable to take it off.

2. He made an error when he bought the container too early, and seems to stubbornly want to hang on to it. It is limiting his choice of canopies to potentially unsafe sizes, evidenced by his statement that he "had to" choose between the 176 and the 160 reserve. IMVeryHO, the best thing he could do would be to "reset" and sell what he has now, especially the container. The main might be OK to keep, but only if he loses the weight. If he paid a reasonable price for it, he can probably recover the entire amount or very close to it. Then when he knows what weight he'll be at, he should try to find a more appropriate container to put his canopies in. This is why they say to choose your canopies then find a container to fit them, not the other way around, right?

My friend, don't let one poor decision, buying an inappropriate container too early, lead you into several more bad decisions. Take responsibility for the first decision and cut it away, allowing you to make more suitable choices.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Bro yes I'll admit, I belittled your finances : you (or your grandma as you mentioned) focused on getting gear instead of using it to get more experience by making more jumps, trying out great, trying out different wings, etc.

Show me where I specifically called you an idiot.

I LOL'ed at you not for having 24 jumps, but from you post, it looks like you have everything all calculated and all well planned out yet are so fresh I can smell the virgin from across my monitor.

Im not here to argue (it may seem like because you do not agree or do not want to hear the obvious truth) but I will give you one advise...grow some thick skin. I'm not the only ahole/jerk/troll you'll meet in this sport...there will be others around your DZ and in time, you might turn into one.
Good day sir, you've just been served. B|

>Are you saying that you think he should be testing a 170 at around 75ish jumps
>with a 1.3 WL or did I miss something?

No; I am not in favor of the "be on X wingloading by Y jumps" plan. I'd recommend starting with whatever canopy he's comfortable with and then work downwards from there. In his case I understand he is now jumping a 210 and will be on a 190 once it gets in (hopefully after he's mastered the 210.) Then work down to a 170. THEN rely on a 176 reserve.

At each step it's important to test yourself. Being ready to downsize doesn't just mean you can usually stand up a canopy; it means you can land it into the wind, crosswind and downwind, can turn in the flare, can do a braked turn to landing, can do very basic HP landings (double fronts) etc etc. Once you can do all that you're ready.

Some people can do this after 20-30 jumps on each size; these people are very, very rare. It took me several hundred jumps on each size, from a 288 to a 240 to a 215 to a 190 to a 160 etc etc etc to the 109 I am jumping now after 6000 jumps. From my experience that's more average. Some people need even more. Fortunately with today's canopy choices you can get excellent canopies that open, fly and flare well at almost any loading.

Thus he might be on a 170 at ~75 jumps but that is generally not going to be a good progression. I'd expect 300-400 jumps or so to be more realistic.

GooniesKid

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just be quiet. less typing, more jumping. thats assuming you even jump

what is everyones problem with someone going out and spending all their money on a new rig. now he has it, and can go spend all his time jumping if he wants to. i quit jumping for about 5 months just so i could finally get the rig thats gonna be my entire career rig............... you "should" spend your money on jumps and coaching and BLAH BLAH BLAH. quit telling people how to spend their money.

and to the OP, quit asking these questions on a stupid internet forum. talk to those at your dropzone, they know you, you know them, and theyll set you straight.

and for the record, ive never flown an optimum, but everyone i jump with thats jumped one speaks highly of the flare, and all the flight characteristics. plus youll have more fabric over your head and thats never a bad thing. have fun out there on your new pulse, DONT tell your canopy to kill you close to the ground, and drive fast/take chances!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers
gravity brings me down.........

I KNOW I can get back to 195 at the very least. 210 is THE MOST I've ever weighed. Back to 182, mmmmaybe not. I"ll probably put on some muscle because I'm not just doing cardio. I got a little crazy with the black ops2 and polishing off half gallons of ice cream every 2 days. I got depressed and went from one extreme to the other, so the weight thing is almost guaranteed and that makes HUGE difference. Plus the fact that I was stubborn and didn't want to upsize after gaining the weight, I got pretty good on a 210 spectre @ a 1.14 last weekend. Did 4 jumps, stood up 3. the third I couldn't make it back because the pilot dropped me off downwind and figured he knew best about the uppers and I ended up landing crosswind, running it out, and tripping to my knees. Almost stood it up. I'm confident that if I lose the weight, I can pull this off. You're right about #2, though. I bought the container knowing that I'll be piecing my equipment together, not buying it all @ once. My calculations were that it would take me close to 6 months or more to get each item, plus the jumps and I wanted to be conservative, but get a container that would last me for most of my skydiving career. The M4 will fit a 190 down to a 150, and at that time when I was 182, I'd be at the wingloading I am now on my spectre. If I can get back to and maintain ~190 (my usual weight for the last few yrs) or maybe less, I'll be gravy and my hopes were to get into a 170 Safire 2. I love the Safire1 (I've only jumped a Safire, Triathlon, Spectre, Manta, and Sabre). It'll be some time and plenty more jumps. There's pretty much no fkin' way I'll get that stuff in 2 months. I way did the math wrong on that one. I just wanted to know what to keep a look out for on the used items list whilst making my way towards my b&c licenses ;)

@Billvon - I think you're totally right, but a 170 really frightens me and I was under the impression a reserve was easier to land than a main. Wellll, I just found out I was wrong, so I'll be busy dieting, exercising, and jumping my @$$ off to get my C license. I can do all of those things on the 210, save the HP front riser turns, but the first time I jumped it I made a 90degree toggle turn @ ~75 feet to get upwind, swooped a good ways and almost stood up. Most importantly, learned a VERY valuable lesson about flat turns which I have gotten great at :D That landing was pulled out of my ass, but sorta counts? I have NO interest in HP landings. And I'll pay close attention to the downsizing checklists. Thanks for the contribition.

uberchris

what is everyones problem with someone going out and spending all their money on a new rig. now he has it, and can go spend all his time jumping if he wants to.

Do you have any idea how idiotic that statement is??

How can he spend all his time jumping, when he just spent all his money on a brand new rig, that he can't even jump yet??

Fatalities and serious injuries always begin with bad choices. Usually it's hard to tell when people are making bad choices.
Here, it's blindingly obvious.

uberchris

******I appreciate the concern, but I just spent every penny I've earned over the last 5 months on a new container and pulse with <120 jumps.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just be quiet. less typing, more jumping. thats assuming you even jump

what is everyones problem with someone going out and spending all their money on a new rig. now he has it, and can go spend all his time jumping if he wants to. i quit jumping for about 5 months just so i could finally get the rig thats gonna be my entire career rig............... you "should" spend your money on jumps and coaching and BLAH BLAH BLAH. quit telling people how to spend their money.

and to the OP, quit asking these questions on a stupid internet forum. talk to those at your dropzone, they know you, you know them, and theyll set you straight.

and for the record, ive never flown an optimum, but everyone i jump with thats jumped one speaks highly of the flare, and all the flight characteristics. plus youll have more fabric over your head and thats never a bad thing. have fun out there on your new pulse, DONT tell your canopy to kill you close to the ground, and drive fast/take chances!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers

Wow, that's a good one..you must be the same kind of person that tells a brand new motorcycle rider "hey squid, if you have 12k to spend sure get yourself a 1000cc bike..I have not problem with it...and no one else should. It's your own money"

F'en kids these days.

Apollo87

@Billvon - I think you're totally right, but a 170 really frightens me and I was under the impression a reserve was easier to land than a main. Wellll, I just found out I was wrong, so I'll be busy dieting, exercising, and jumping my @$$ off to get my C license. I can do all of those things on the 210, save the HP front riser turns, but the first time I jumped it I made a 90degree toggle turn @ ~75 feet to get upwind, swooped a good ways and almost stood up. Most importantly, learned a VERY valuable lesson about flat turns which I have gotten great at :D That landing was pulled out of my ass, but sorta counts? I have NO interest in HP landings. And I'll pay close attention to the downsizing checklists. Thanks for the contribition.

Respectfully, I don't think you fully understood what billvon said. One good resource (that it appears you have not yet read) is Brian Germain's downsizing recommendations.
This is not simply a chart of sizes and weights, but rather a 22-page document that (in addition to that chart) (1) explains the relevant variables and why they are important, and (2) contains a great list of Essential Maneuvers that "should be performed on the current size and planform before downsizing or transitioning to a more responsive design." You literally could not have performed all of these maneuvers even once each, unless all 23 of your jumps were full-altitude hop-n-pops that you dedicated only to this list. And we both know that's not the case.

Please do yourself a favor and take a look at this list. There are a lot of things here that you really do need to be able to do. Standing up 3 out of 4 landings is simply not enough to be even close to ready to downsize. For example, Brian recommends that, before downsizing, you do 30 stand-up landings within 10m of target center, with 10 at no wind, 10 at light wind, and 10 at moderate wind. As another example, the fact that you made a 90 degree toggle turn at ~75 feet to get upwind is a huge indicator that you are not ready to downsize. That maneuver could (and would) kill you at lower wingloadings. (Only one size lower? I don't know. Do you want to test the hypothesis?) I know your response to me will be "but evan85, I already know not to do that again!" But you obviously didn't at the time. What else do you not know not to do? Some of those things will result in bruises and twisted ankles at low wingloadings, but broken bones/necks/backs/paralysis/death at higher wingloadings.

In conclusion, don't be in a rush. Your rig isn't going anywhere if it takes you a little longer before you can jump it. The sky isn't going anywhere, either.

Am I missing the part where this mysterious 210 Spectre is available for free every jump while your too-small rig is sitting in the closet?

The thing that concerns me in all of these posts is how many things are completely dependent on best case assumptions.

Assuming body weight, assuming canopy skills, assuming ideal conditions, assuming a chop won't happen before a certain number of jumps, "having" to decide between two reserves because of the rig... that's a disturbing pattern.

Personally I don't see what the problem is if you have a 210 you can jump now and into the future for free.

Which reserve should you buy? who cares, wait until you're not scared of a 170 and decide for yourself then. Why buy it now when you don't know what you want?

Buying that rig in the first place was a mistake, but don't compound it by contorting yourself into a complex justification based on impossible to prove assumptions that have put you in a rhetorical corner and you should assume WILL put you in a literal corner someday (be it a long spot or a spinning mal down low).

It's easy to make mistakes with gear early on. It's hard to admit it and reverse course. I bought an entirely wrong for me canopy right when I got licensed (170 comp cobalt :S).

I got feedback from other jumpers just like you are now. They questioned even having the gear to begin with. I listened, and I sold it and bought a Sabre 2 instead. Best decision I have ever made in my skydiving career right after my worst decision I ever made in my skydiving career. it didn't cost me much time or money but I saved myself a lot of trouble.

Personally, if it were me, I'd sell everything you have now that you're not ready to jump and get something cheap (used) that you ARE ready to jump now, and put whatever money is left over after selling your current rig into a savings account.

And by ready to jump now I mean what you weigh NOW, what canopy you can jump NOW. There's nothing wrong with jumping that 210 even after you technically *could* downsize. Just because you can downsize doesn't mean you have to.

Used gear you can basically sell it for what you got it for, especially containers if you only put a few hundred jumps on it. so it's not like you're going to be out a lot of money.

After a summer or three on a larger canopy in an appropriate rig with an appropriate reserve, you know what you can or can't do under canopy and can decide what the smallest reserve you want is.

Then find a rig that fits that and sell your used rig, combine that money with what's been sitting in savings, and presto you have a new rig that isn't going to be a problem.

honest question: what's wrong with that plan?

Apollo87

I appreciate the concern, but I just spent every penny I've earned over the last 5 months on a new container and pulse with <120 jumps.

You'd have spent less buying a used (perhaps with a new harness) container and higher mileage main AND would have safe sized gear.

The last used rig I bought was $800 for container and reserve. I sold one airworthy ZP main for $400 and bought two for $600 each.

If you're not an odd size/shape selling and trying again may be a fine idea.

3mpire

The thing that concerns me in all of these posts is how many things are completely dependent on best case assumptions.

Assuming body weight, assuming canopy skills, assuming ideal conditions, assuming a chop won't happen before a certain number of jumps, "having" to decide between two reserves because of the rig... that's a disturbing pattern.

And by ready to jump now I mean what you weigh NOW, what canopy you can jump NOW.

You just wrote exactly what I forgot to write in my last post and came back to write. I think the OP mostly gets it, but I'm going to respond for other newbies who might find this thread someday. Everything, his entire case, relies on predictions of the future with percentages and best-case reasoning. For example, even if he takes the weight off, he might get depressed again and put it back on. Then the chop-will-come-later reasoning? This is silly. I bought equipment that I am ready to jump NOW. Note the period after the NOW. No buts, no ifs, no maybes, no 75%. I am ready for my gear NOW. And it will be ready for me in August.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Respectfully, I don't think people understand I got the point and the advice has been well received. I agree with you on billvon's statement. There's NOTHING wrong with the 210 rental spectre and that's what I'll be jumping until I can land it within, as Jeff said, within 10 meters of the intended target in different wind conditions. The low turn was jump 11, so I've learned my lesson there and have infinitely more to learn, but I WILL and I can't say that enough. I will get enough jumps under my belt on that spectre until I've mastered it. I'm not in a hurry to get hurt. I bought the rig I wanted because I know it's the one I want. The wait time was supposed to be 2.5 months, but it got here in 2 weeks. So, don't worry. I'm not planning on best case scenarios, I'm going to create the scenario best for me. I can promise you I won't be jumping a 210 Spectre for over a year. I don't mind waiting as long as it takes on rental gear to get to the necessary skill level. I love my rig. It's mine, custom, and will last me a decade if taken care of. This hobby has become everything to me and I'm only here to learn and stay safe. You can't deny that I'll be able to jump my rig safely someday with a 190 main and 176 reserve. I won't have to buy a new reserve. Ever. And I can go to a 170 when that time comes in the rig I love. (Yes I tried on many). I think I jump more than the average person because I don't spend my money on anything else and it's all I look forward too, so getting hurt is the last thing on my list.. My dz just happens to have an incredible amount of ppl w/ under 600 jumps on velo's @ 2.1+ wl I just figured the charts and most advice was incredibly conservative.

Just for the record, I started on a 600zx with race mods, no experience, drove around a parking lot for a few hours and then rode the hell out of it for 6 months before getting it stolen and buying a 1000rr for 6months, got that one stolen and gave up bikes in general. ALL the forums said take classes, buy a 250, etc etc... I'm NOT comparing the two sports, but the way people talk to newbies is rarely the way they do things themselves. Correct if I'm wrong here? From that experience, and the aggressive downsizing I regularly see, I rationalized it and I was wrong for doing so. I never had a wreck, btw. I'm also take advice and conservatism infinitely more seriously than in any other sport.

I'm not selling my gear, but I will wait until I'm ready to use it however many jumps away that may be and when that day comes, I can take it out of my closet and drive to the DZ because it'll be ready to go & I'll love it B|

Tetrahedron

***what is everyones problem with someone going out and spending all their money on a new rig. now he has it, and can go spend all his time jumping if he wants to.

How can he spend all his time jumping, when he just spent all his money on a brand new rig, that he can't even jump yet??

hey, pipe down
i just bought a 1200 cc ducati, and though i just passed my MSF course and have been dirt biking a few times, i have it, and thats all that matters. take a fuckin quaalude and relax guy
gravity brings me down.........

uberchris

******what is everyones problem with someone going out and spending all their money on a new rig. now he has it, and can go spend all his time jumping if he wants to.

hey, pipe down
i just bought a 1200 cc ducati, and though i just passed my MSF course and have been dirt biking a few times, i have it, and thats all that matters. take a fuckin quaalude and relax guy

Did I say anything about motorcycles?
But while we're on the subject...
I hope you're an organ donor.

Are you always an ass? That's not funny and I hope you learn a hard lesson one day acting like such a self-righteous dick. You're in serious need of some physical humbling. Or maybe you're a coward and just play the asshole online. Either way, stfu.

@uberchris - that's awesome!! Got a pic? I'm über jealous. I always wanted the 848. They sound amazing and I preferred my 600 bc it was more fun to carve turns, but I'd love to drive an 848 or Aprilia some day when I'm rich :P Be careful, but have fun! Life's about living and you've got the idea ;)

Tetrahedron

***what is everyones problem with someone going out and spending all their money on a new rig. now he has it, and can go spend all his time jumping if he wants to.

Fatalities and serious injuries always begin with bad choices. Usually it's hard to tell when people are making bad choices.
Here, it's blindingly obvious.

Tetrahedron

Look who's being self-righteous.
"I'm gonna do what I wanna do and fuck anybody that tells me different"
It looks like terrafirma is the only thing that will humble you.

I'll let you have the last word, since you're so big, bad and important.

First of all, I put the down payment when I was halfway through AFF, I never stopped jumping. I just saved ALL my extra money for gear. Secondly, you haven't been paying attention since I've taken almost everyone's advice and all the advice from the mods and people with most experience. too. And finally, I am humble until someone wishing death and "terrafirma" on newbies asking questions comes along. Just because we don't have 2000+ jumps, doesn't mean we shouldn't ask f'kin questions that "skygods" already know. I hope you're a lonely bastard. If not, with an attitude like that, I hope your woman fucks someone more worthy and with a bigger dick ;) Or maybe she already has and that's what's made you a soulless prick. Eh, who knows. Maybe, you were born that way, but I'd prefer to care about my fellow skydivers. One day, when I have plentiful knowledge, I'll share it politely and with the assumption they don't deserve to die.