steveorino

Altitron help

I just bought an Altitron digital altimeter and after trying to set it up I used it for 3 jumps. I liked the fact it worked as a watch between jumps. But something happened. On my 4th jump it never switched to altimeter. I was on a tandem and had to count .... :S Well, after 2000 tandems I know what 4.5K looks like but not something I want to repeat. I took it as a back up on all jumps today and it never worked as altimeter. I would see "the time" then maybe a "0" and sometimes a "2". I have a manual, but for the life of me it is hard to read. Any suggestions?

steveOrino

Yeah, I read that before I ever did anything - so I know I never put anything in the hole. Plus I went to their website and used their form email -- it came back as undeliverable -- Crappy service! Never again! Paragear who sold it to me was even less helpful -- they told me to contact parasport -- wasn't their issue. Seriously reconsidering ever buying anything from either company again. Plus EVERY student I have wil lhear my beef.

steveOrino

Not much luck with Parasport. They wanted me to send it back with no value and UPS said it would cost $150???? Maybe I had a newbie clerk, so I called ParaGear for second time and they sent me a new one and I sent the messed up one back to them. Good service by PARAGEAR ... thank you!

steveOrino

Paragear sent me another Altitron .. I'll be #$%@ if it didn't do the same thing! It worked for 3 jumps and failed to read on the rest. I sent it back and Paragear sold me a Neptune. I love Paragear's service and I love my EVO helmet from Parasports, but the Altitron is a piece of $hit as far as I am concerned

steveOrino