happythoughts

movie with a skydiving plot

;)I think the best way I've heard of so far is to do a comedy along the lines of "Caddyshack", Caddyshack did alot in the way of getting more people out on the greens trying golf for the first time. This could be done tastefully without drug smuggling/abuse or overdone sex/violence. Now don't get me wrong,let the beer flow after jumping,lets chase some skirts and have some serious team rivalry but lets break this stereotype Hollywood is molding around us.
Chile "the crip"Relleno

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Interesting question... Instead of a tandem student, use a rucksack. With a 180 lb. jumper, 150 lbs. ? Whew! Makes your eyes red just thinkin' about it! I doubt this was ever done though.;) Perhaps just for "experimental" purposes during the development stage ? :D
It has been done - think the guy's name was ****** Thornton and he had about 120 lbs of coke and some weapons when he bounced on someone's driveway in Virginia in the middle of the night. They found him sunday morning when they went out to get the paper....

If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

ok, all you creative types out there. Movies about skydiving are generally silly. Let's come up with a basic scenario for one. 10 lines or less.
My idea was along the line of 'Deliverance'... 4 climbers/base jumpers go on an expedition in the remote redneck area of *****. They're chased and harrassed by the local rednecks after two of them tried to pick up some of the local women in the bar. Finally the surviving jumper makes it to the top of a cliff where he has to base jump into an unknown, unexplored valley in order to excape. After wandering around in the valley he is captured by a local tribe of Amazons who have been living in the valley for hundreds of years with little or no contact with the outer world. They keep him to replenish the bloodlines of the tribe and in graditude for his efforts allow him to open a climbing and base-jumping funpark to teach the girls jumping on his days off... Everyone lives happy (but thin!) ever after....

If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

"This could be done tastefully without drug smuggling/abuse or overdone sex/violence. Now don't get me wrong,let the beer flow after jumping,lets chase some skirts and have some serious team rivalry but lets break this stereotype Hollywood is molding around us."
You may be onto something here. There does seem to be a stereotype that skydivers are drug-crazed, over-sexed, adrenaline-junkies. When have you ever met a skydiver like that ? ;) Perhaps the movie could be done with a John Tesh soundtrack. :D