naystcb

Spectre packing advice

I recently got back into the air after a 14 year absence and purchased a nice complete set of gear. While I was getting solid again during my recurrency period I had been flying a Spectre as opposed to the Sabre I used to fly. Since I am older now and more decrepit I chose to purchase a Spectre instead of a Sabre again because I like the softer openings on my back. I am going to start pro-packing this canopy soon and wanted any advice on if there is any way that I should do it differently than I used to pack my Sabre, except for the difference in the number if cells of course.

Rolling the nose has never harmed anyone. Just take cells 1-3 and 5-7 and roll them towards the middle and push them next to the middle cell towards the back or tuck them into the middle cell. Slows down openings very nicely without being a lot of effort. Otherwise yeah just flake it nicely and set the slider all the way to the slider stoppers. Blue skies

I'm one of those in 2010 that got spanked pretty hard, and on a 220 Spectre to boot.

But since then I had relines with Dacron and my newest Spectre made with them.

Hopefully if I ever get wacked again I won't have to sit out the 3 months on the ground that one cost me.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Sorry to hear that Captain.

I was a packer for six years and I jumped a Spectre for a short time.
Pushing the nose in slightly always gave my customers and I nice openings.

I tried leaving the nose out once and I felt the opening was too brisk.
I like a nice snivel. ;)

I can't imagine a canopy opening putting someone out of commission for 3 months. I hope you don't have any permanent trauma as a result.

Take care,
Blue Skies

Spectre is rather tolerant of packing variety.

My experience with stuffing the nose is that it resulted in 1400 foot openings.:o:o:o Furthermore....it was unnecessary, my openings were plenty long and smooth with the nose fully exposed.

Dacron lines ;););)

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!