jessefs

You know you're a skydiver when....

Haha, very funny. I'd scar you for life.

One more scar, another notch... it's all the same ;)

I'm just playing with ya dear, besides, I'd have to throw you back for bein too young as it is
;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

If flying late in the day I will get a beer and stare out the plane window for a long time, fanticizing about a high jump over the desert with mountains in the distance. I will land somewhere near a bar/grill in a pre-determined area, have some beers, and then go to bed and dream about doing it all over again.

Sorry, this was actually a dream within a dream. I got lost in it.

Harry
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

I hate to admit that I have:

On cloudy/windy days you go to the drop zone anyway and bitch about the weather.
You analyze every flag you see in terms of it's too windy/not too windy to jump.
It's a dark sky with low clouds and you're thinking "Hop -n- Pops!".
You know to the tenth of a mile how far it is from your driveway to the drop zone's driveway.
83.6 (Mobil station Ottawa, Il. to my downtown garage space in Chicago, honest!)
You walk everywhere watching the sky.
(well, just about)
You can't mention the word "first" in casual conversation, at work, or ever in reference to yourself.
(it now crosses my mind a bunch)
You plan your vacations around skydiving boogies. (it's happened)
On a full moon night, you look up and think "Night jumps!"
You have no idea what is happening on the weekends in your town.
You wonder what whuffos _DO_ with themselves on gorgeous summer weekends
You can't imagine how anyone can go on vacation without a parachute.
(if you have a rig, yes, I honestly would and have taken it everywhere where jumps could be possible)
You love the smell of 'Jet A' in the morning!

So, that's 12 honest ones on my list. Anyone else, HONESTLY??
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Im a Retail Manager and each position in the company is a "slot" - A lot of things in life are slots now.

You beat me too it. Every space is a 'slot' now.
True story - going to the movies, I ask my friend "You got a free slot in your car? Or should I drive too"
Bad thing is, it took him awhile to catch it, because it made perfect sense to him at the time too.

Ever walk around public places, and dip a shoulder to turn, or turn your palms out and start walking faster? People in the office look at me funny when they catch me doing it.

Putting on the goggles and driving 70 mph down the road is fun too, especially when there's people in the car next to you that you can dock on.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

"By the way, I actually learned to pack a PC last weekend - did three of 'em and a couple T-10s. Good stuff!"

So did you just pack them or did you jump them?

There's a PC thread going on in the gear forum.

HW

Yes.

I did a T-10 ,and two PC jumps - and landed w/in 5 feet of the peas on the two jumps I spotted.
The occasion was an attempt at an eightway round/round - all round mains/reserves. We only got six people to jump, and five got in, but that's not too bad for a formation load out of Cessnas! Those belly warts really slow ya down!;)
Patkat
gotta exercise my demons!

"I did a T-10 ,and two PC jumps..."

Kewl. Time for an unmodified flat circular jump.

I once jumped a C-11, which had lines at least twice as long as the T-10. You couldn't turn it at all .. you just had to have a reasonable spot and a big DZ.

'Course I broke my leg on the next jump, on a PC.

HW

When you finally have a day off to get caught up on chores. A day when the dropzone is closed so there is no temptation to go jump. A day to do all the things I haven't done on the weekends, because I'm at the dropzone. And I'm in the backyard practicing my packingB| instead of doing any of those chores.:D

I'll justify it by claiming it to be my workout for the day. ;) Don't need to go to the gym after this...

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Dude, do not try diving exits into the shower. There is not enough space to track away from the curtain.
  1. Lately I examined my car and decided to keep it cause the cargo area in large enough to hold a minimum of 5 fully loaded gear bags plus my camping gear so I can squat at any DZ.
  2. I now plan travel to family in Pittsburgh, PA not by shortest route but by DZ where I can jump on the way. West Virginia is useless except for October 13th and it's dead on my route.
  3. I started seriously surfing the global web and made new friends in Russia, Ukraine, Austria, Germany, South Africa and many other countries. I have not seen them yet but I plan to jump with them one day.
  4. In a conversation with a skydiver pen pal from Ukraine we came to the conclusion that an author of one of the books we read is really brilliant cause he thinks like a skydiver.
  5. I entered the Business Class of a Delta airliner and loudly said to the stewardess "Shit, you guys got seats in the plane"
  6. Wherever I go I am looking for USPA member stickers on cars.
  7. I evaluate babes by checking if they are wearing a closing pin
  8. I can't wait till my son grows up so I can go skydiving with him
  9. I don't want a relationship with w Whuffo. Why would I again want to take the risk of being called a self centered swine who only pursues his interests
  10. I used to live to work. Then I worked to live. Now I live to skydive

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Kewl. Time for an unmodified flat circular jump.

Nah, thanks, though - I think maybe if I still got the bug I'll ask around about the Thunderbow that was floating around the DZ the other day - and I doubt I'll do that, 'cause the girl who jumped it said it landed like a sack of hammers, and the owner of the rig had to pull out an instruction manual to repack it....:o
But on the other hand, it has that big arrow so you don't forget which way it supposed to be flying....
-patkat
Patkat
gotta exercise my demons!

We were coming in to land on a commercial flight. Looking out the window, I said to my friend beside me "I wonder how high we are", I glanced at the watch on my left wrist thinking I'd find the altitude and I instead found the time. That's when I knew it was time to wake up from the fantasy.

:S