carbon

Changes?

I'm sure you old timers have talked about it before but I thought I'd bring it up again. I'm an AFF student and will do my Category C on Saturday.
I've always been a relaxed and confident person but since I started Skydiving I'm even more so. I've also become more social and am less interested in geeking around with the computer.
When you started Skydiving, what kind of personality changes did you experience?
-Carbon

what kind of personality changes did you experience?

I imagine for a college student or someone that works in an office Skydiving is a REALLY big departure from the norm. I had a pretty cool job in the Air Force that let me do all manner of crazy/stupid things like dropping bombs and artillery close enough to endanger my own life. So....I don't think skydiving changed me much. I just made a lot of new friends.

Am less shy, I take care of my life much better, I stopped drinking saturday nights, I dunno what is a free sunday (we jump on sunday), I get pissed at the rain if its sunday, am more crazy, I prefer jumping than to use a sunday and go out with some girls and see if I get a gf or at least lucky (been single since the day I started jumping) and I always owe money to the credit card.

am less interested in geeking around with the computer

yeah yeah yeah, I dare you to say that after a while, now that you are dz.commer you will geek with the computer alot more. ;)

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

I lost a lot of friends, made a lot more, much cooler friends.

Lost interest in saving $$ to buy a house.

Quit my second job to make time to skydive.

Became more confident.

Daydream a whole lot more at work.

I live more for today than I used to. Before I always thought I could put everything off and do it "someday". Now I want to live as much as I can while I'm young and enjoy every minute I can. No more excuses.

:)

I am not nearly as shy or introverted as i used to be. I have more confidence in normal life. EVERY time i see a plane i think how cool it would be to jump out of it.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I am not nearly as shy or introverted as i used to be. I have more confidence in normal life. EVERY time i see a plane i think how cool it would be to jump out of it.

WOW! I'm not even a skydiver yet, and that is exactly how I feel:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Definately more confident. Most of my friends have commented on that.

$ priorities have changed completely. Savings account? RRSP's? What are those?;)

Consuming way more alcohol than I used to.

Used to read a lot of novels. Haven't read one all summer, but I've read my PIM's a dozen times over.

Thinking about the future excites me now. I used to dread the future, it seemed so mundane that sometimes I didn't even want to get up in the morning. Now I look forward to the things I want to do, and the possibilities seem brighter and vibrant.

Other than that, no, no changes...:P

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I've only done a couple of jumps too, but so far I've also noticed I'm more relaxed. Along with that, I've developed more of an "I don't really care" attitude. I used to stress out about everything, but not so much anymore. I really like being able to get away from all the things that normally occupy so much of my thoughts. I've found that most of my time spent at the DZ, not just while I'm doing a jump, I forget about everything else. It's a nice escape.

Luna

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!