mccordia

Christian skydiver???

Found this online at a christian site, in the FAQ (while looking for something on skydiving)

Disclaimer (Just in case:)
This is not about mocking someones beliefs (I was raised as a catholic myself), but the comparison just sounded funny, read it for yourself..think the guy who wrote it has a passion for skydiving?

Are you saying that Christians are better than non-Christians?" The Christian is no better than a non-Christian, but he is infinitely better off. It is like two men on a plane. One is wearing a parachute and the other is not. One is not better than the other, but the man with the parachute on is certainly better off than the man who is not wearing a parachute. The difference will be seen when they jump. Jesus warned that if we "jump" into death without Him, we would perish. Our great problem is a law that is even harsher than the law of gravity.

If your in for some fun...read this>

http://www.raycomfort.com/various/articles/questions.html

The parachute thing keeps coming back...

Of all the things that you should be sure of, it's your eternal destiny. To say, "I hope I'm a Christian," is like standing at the open door of a plane, 25,000 feet in the air and answering, "Have you got your parachute on?" with, "I hope so." You want to know so-and you can, simply by obeying the Gospel.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?