apikoros

Double Shackle Identification

Hello Riggers,

We have a running discussion going on at work about a fellow employee's "key chain". It is marked Icarus, looks for all the world like an RSL shackle of some sort, but is a double configuration. Googling around produced nothing that looked like this and using Google Goggles brings up a lot of sexy ladies' footwear and bat pics but little else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The proper name for the RSL shackle is "Swedish snap shackle". If you Google that you'll find lots of examples, but not double ended ones that I can see.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

That's a bail type douple snap, non-swivil shackle.

It is not a common sailing piece of hardware, considering it looks brass, it may be a rare item!

C

I 'm thinking special order for the Navy, scuba diving, fishing, somethin marine, like the snaps they use for hauling colors, etc, but that's just guessing,...
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

I suspect that the dull, dark finish means that it is marked for military "Special Operations" ...

... but if I told you which special operators ...
... the last thing you would ever hear is them blowing (as in explosive breaching charges) your door open in the middle of the night ...
... whereas, I would merely disappear from this planet?????

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!