treiparinti

Magnetic slider stow on Voodoo

I think this has been discussed a little in other topic but i'd like to ask some opinions (maybe some experienced riggers) about mounting a slider keeper on a Rigging Inovations Voodoo container. As you know Voodoo has a realy wide reserve pin cover flap and the elastic of the slider keeper cannot reach the normal position because of some tape hat goes under last reserve closing flap. Another option would be to cut the elastic and attach velcro to the loose ends, drive it under the pin cover flap, but higher than the tape that goes under last cosing flapand then close the velcro, but I don't know how safe this is. I'll try to make a picture to be more clear.
Thanks.

Contact Margaret Vermeulen at RI. They're cooking up something similar for me on my Talon FX. Likewise, I believe that she's working on a one-off skytie type of keeper for a Voodoo, currently. I get the impression that this is one of those "in her spare time" type of projects but she's answered all of my questions and has been very responsive via email.

Another option is slider stops on the risers (as in some webbing sewn to the risers just above the 3-ring). You collapse the slider and pull the gromets down over the stops and they wont ride back up over them on their own. No worry about attaching yourself to your canopy, even if only by magnets, and it works irrespective of the shape of your reserve flap.

As per my discussion with RI, RI does not recommend using a skytie or similar slider stows attached to the reserve flap.

Just call them because we are all giving you second hand knowledge. You can also facebook them and Angela will answer quickly.

Adam
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them

I jump Wings containers and I made my magnetic keepers exactly like you described: I cut the elastic and added velcro to the center and forced it under the flap. I've been using this for two years for jump when I don't have time to re-rig my removable slider in between loads.

Chuck

I got an answer from Sandy Reid and he's saying that in a couple of weeks they will put out on the market a RI magnetic slider keeper that is more or less similar to the one on the Curve. The attachement to the container will be made on the outside of container. Instructions will be available for field modification. Sounds pretty good. Let's see it.