Rydin989

Does a PD 176 reserve fit in a Wings W11?

Wings does not have a sizing chart. But there is one on a gear dealers web site, probably what you are looking at. It says a pdr160 is tight. I have found that when this chart lists a canopy as tight, they are not kidding. You can generally fit one size larger than the ideal, not the max.

I'd advise you to search this forum for information on the downsides of trying to over fill reserve containers. Or try the Optimum if you already own the container and need a larger reserve than fits.

I see now where you are getting that info. It's on their website where they show stock rigs and what they will fit. I can still tell you from experience that they never underestimate what a container can hold at Sunrise. But one size larger Optimum will probably work. You just have to pay a little more money to buy one.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Your rigger will hate you forever for packing tight reserve into a wings. Try the PD optimum as others suggest. The paratec speed 2000 is also a low bulk reserve so that's another option but I don't know how many are sold in the US.

Yes you can. I've done it with mine and you can. I also hated it so much that I bought an Optimum 160. Biiig difference!

When Wings says something will be tight but it can be done, they are telling you the truth. You can't go any bigger without damaging things or having other kinds of problems.

Rydin989

Wings sizing charts claim 160 for the reserve on a W11, But I hear a lot of people say you can generally fit one size higher. Has anyone tried this?

My W14 is sized for a PDR 160 as well but I have a raven II (218) in the pack tray. What on paper seems wayyyy over stuffed only appears to be slightly too large. Though not exactly the same specs, this would lead me to believe that it would indeed fit