guppykf

Gear Manufacturer Unresponsiveness

Looking for advice of my options.

Situation is there is a gear manufacturer that had a display during Safety Day of an upcoming product. I spoke to the rep and stated that I was highly interested in this product. He said it would be available for purchase during PIA and the first several hundred would get a significant discount.

I show up to PIA, product wasnt ready for release, no worries just let me know when it is available, but he told me he would send me photos of the options etc in the meantime; I never received.

In early April I see a FB posting of its release, again reiterating first several hundred will receive a significant discount, so I email the company and get an automated reply stating they will respond as quickly as possible; this was on April 2nd. Then another FB message came out saying they were available for purchase; however, nothing addressed the costs for the options, so I sent an email telling them the sizing I needed and the options I wanted and requested pricing accordingly. I have thus sent an email regarding this every two weeks since and still have not heard back anything back. Is that typical for a skydiving equip manufacturer not to respond in over 5 weeks? I just want to know costs so I can order their item!

This is a small industry, so I dont want to piss in anyone's Wheaties and I know I'm not a world renowned skydiver or anything, but believe its super unprofessional for a company not to respond in 5 weeks, but I dont know what other option I have then sit here and wait. .

I really think the product is what I've been looking for in regards to quality and safety, much better than my current equipment. Any ideas how I can get a response without pissing someone off without waiting a year for a response?

I know everyone can't be like L&B, but come on there's got to be something that can be done.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Why would you want to buy an item based solely on a press release and/or pictures? I equate this to wanting to buy a car based on watching a commercial. Or better yet choosing your brand of beer based on the fact that the most interesting man in the world drinks it. :S

This company clearly does not want your business. Or is having other more important issues to deal with. Do you think you are going to get your helmet any quicker if you know the price now vs later?

You have emails showing you are willing to buy right now so if this company is of any honor they will honor the discount when it gets released. But then again an honorable company would respond to emails...

The way I see it, you (and all of us waiting for said helmet, um I mean piece of gear) have one of two options:

1) Buy different gear.
2) Suck it up and wait for this one to be released. As in wait until you actually see it at your local gear store or it is advertized at Square One, etc.

I was trying to generalize in the attemp to try to keep a more nice format.

I understand places get busy, but that doesn't make it acceptable to be unresponsive. I dont think its asking much for a simple response. You dont have to be special to get a blanket response do you?

To the car analogy I do understand what you are saying. However, the attributes this press release provides would fix the issues I have with my current G2 helmet. I've been looking for a helmet that has venting in order to reduce the fogging issue and the locations where these vents are fit the bill and the other factor is for the go pro. They state they have a lower profile mount that is smooth similar to the one chutingstar has (less snag points) and this will have a cutaway system which everyone agrees is the safest option if you wear any camera small or big. As far as I know there isnt any other currently in the market that addresses those issues. I could be wrong though, so if I am I'm sure someone will make sure I know it on this forum.

I may be in agreement with you I get the impression is they are the type company that doesn't respond until there's something to respond to. I dont think I was being pushy, by only sending emails every couple weeks. A simple "hey received your email. We are still working on some of the pricing matrix or tweaking the design, we hope to have it resolved in x amount of time." Doesnt have to be too indepth just something to let you know they care.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

If responsive customer service is important to you, then it doesn't sound like this is the right piece of equipment for you. If it matters less, then just sit tight till they figure out how to actually move beyond hype to get this thing to market.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

CygnusX-1

Why would you want to buy an item based solely on a press release and/or pictures? I equate this to wanting to buy a car based on watching a commercial. Or better yet choosing your brand of beer based on the fact that the most interesting man in the world drinks it. :S

Hey, the Dos Equis man is beyond reproach, take that back!