gowlerk

Super Raven -MZb

I bought a used rig with a Raven -mzb. It has been a closet queen. Packed only once, in 2001 when it was new. I suppose that a ZP topskin reserve made sense to someone at the time, but I can't see why.

It certainly needed a repack. The coated fabric was pretty much stuck together after 12 years. I'm tempted to fashion an attachment point to it and use it as a main. But I'm going to just repack it and sell the rig.

Anyone got any helpful packing tips for me? Where is Riggerrob when I need him?

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Hi Rob,
Herringbone weave double bar tacked attachment tape. I think that's what the b means. I checked the SB right away. I remember that from your class. I hope to sell it to a girl that weighs 140lbs. I was thinking I may go as high as 1:1.1 loading depending on the victim, I mean customer. It's a 181.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I hope to sell it to a girl that weighs 140lbs. I was thinking I may go as high as 1:1.1 loading depending on the victim, I mean customer.

If you're the local rigger, this sounds like one of those rigs best sold long distance. ;)

edit to add: this is NOT a comment on your skills as a rigger... it is a comment on how awesome MZ's are to pack...

You are a wise person. That reserve will soon be listed in the classifieds for cheap. I have a PD 176 I can use instead. After fighting with it for 4 hours I never want to see one of these again. I got it in the bag on the second try, but now it needs to go into a Wings W13 and I can't get the bulk right because it holds so much air.

It probably would work a lot better in a container that is more forgiving.

Ken

gowlerk

Great. Now all I need is to find a correct way of neatly packing a partly ZP canopy.

.................................................................................

There are two ways to pack new ZP canopies: slowly and ^%$#@!

I use patience, clamps and sand bags.

I'm not a fan of death ravens but if it's got the harring bone tape then it's really not one. With proper line attachments it's structurally sound. They're prone to hard openings but it's a reserve. That's not the end of the world for a reserve. They can stall pretty hard but I've only seen that in ones that were over loaded and over flared.

It's not my favret canopy but they do work.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com