jraf

Women, know your limitations!

I damn near used to be pretty close to that woman when I was married. I worked , raised two children, cooked EVERY night, did the dishes alone, did homework with the kids, cleaned the house on weekends, listend to his gripes without responding, never asked for anything, turned over my paycheck blindly, watched football even though I had no clue what was going on, apologized for everything...yada yada yada.

NOW, I am happily divorced, own my own home in my name, keep my own pool, clean my own pool, raise my two children, do homework with them, cook when I want to, pay a maid to clean up the mess, pay a yard man to keep the yards, pay my own bills, go to the store when I want to and write a check if I feel like it,and I SKYDIVE without asking anyone's permission or forgiveness for any of the above.

No offense guys but you can keep your outdated way of life. You don't want a wife you want a mother.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I consider myself pretty liberal, but some of those things are okay with me. I'm not married, and no kids, but someday I'll find someone who'll be willing to put up with me. There are certain things I will expect from her. No, not cooking and cleaning. Not bringing my slippers. Not washing the dishes.
She had better be shooting good video of me! And, if we are rushed for the next load, and I have to go do an edit - how about packing for me! When I'm working my ass off on a 10.10 (someday I'll be there) - she'll be belaying for me! When I untie the last line, she'll be at the wheel, turning a bit to starboard, and making sure we clear the dock! When I get to the bottom of a black diamond - she had better be waiting for me!
I don't think you'll find many people in here with puristic traditional gender roleplaying. If you are looking for a man who wants you by his side (not home watching soap operas) in life - you've found the right sport!

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

It worked when society recognized how hard that work is. For a man or woman to be a service provider 24-7, there's just not enough props in the job. A clean, organized household is a tough job, and there's just not enough reward in it for most folks. I was laid up for a year, and I did it when my girls were small, and after a while your clients (your family) doesn't realize how hard it is to keep everything clean and squared away. That's why most folks choose to work and pay a maid and a yard service to do that stuff.

My favorite is

"Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him..."

OK how the hell does one be interesting if they are expected to be at home in front of a stove all day? I can hear the conversaition now. "Honey, I used extra lean beef in the meatloaf this week and it's amazing the difference it makes. Do you like the pie? I used fresh Gala apples instead of canned." Yea that's interesting. But then I guess if you are a little gay (no offense to anyone), that might be interesting for him. After all, isn't that every man's dream? :$

R

Well yes, specially if the lady of the house invites the lady from the house across the street when the man of the house across the street is on business trip. And then they can dress only in skimpy mads aprons with nothing underneath and to the joy of the returning husband scratch each others fannies with feather dusters;)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I knew I was in trouble when I was excited that Febreze started making a clean wash laundry aid.:o:o my husband would come home from flying F-14's all day... he'd ask me how my day went... I washed the dishes again....I did the laundry again... mopped again... however...I have jumped out of an airplane and he hasn't..:D:D I'm also resigning my homemaker status now that the kiddies are all in school and I'm going to become a massage therapist.. Yay for me!

Well not to diminish your hubbie's valors but anybody can drive a fast plane, just as anybody can drive a fast car. An aeroplane goes up and down, you got your controls, it's a little more comlex than driving a car but not more complicated than driving a semi trailer. Now skydiving is easy. Nothing to itB|. You just have to step out of the said aeroplane. At 13,500 feet.....;)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

3. Quit complaining, you COOK for crying out loud you're guaranteed a nekked thank you.

oh i wasnt complaining. nor did i have anyone specific in mind. i was just speaking from an array of experiences. and even though a nekked thank you is greatly appreciated its not the reason i like to cook for the ladies
I am the light my son...What you seek is fire