DigitalDave

What to do with an expired AAD?

I have an expired Cypres 1. Is there anything fun/cool/useful that can be done with it?

I can't claim credit for the idea, but you could rig it up to a laser tag system and have dogfighting wingsuits. Get shot, parachute deploys! (please don't actually do this)

I believe you can get a discount on a new unit if you send the expired one in.

Is there a way to manually test the cutter without tossing it out of an airplane just to see "what if?"

Sure, just figure out what pulse gets sent to the cutter and wire it up. Or find a pressure chamber.

I can't claim credit for the idea, but you could rig it up to a laser tag system and have dogfighting wingsuits. Get shot, parachute deploys! (please don't actually do this)

^^^ I love this idea :D:D:D
Compromise, A Few Seconds Of Pain, For A Life Time Of Shiny :D

Offhand I think Airtec only allows a trade-in within 1 year of expiry.

The policy is there to encourage sometime to buy the same brand again, and not just trade in any of thousands of well expired Cypres 1's laying around.

They do allow people to buy the new unit, then send the old one in after the swap is made in the jumper's rig, as long as it is prearranged.