skytribe

M2 AA

I was waiting for M2 to be available on US market, but rescently bought vigil2 DOM 2013 for $1250 due to simple math and common sense:

I did compare Life cycle of 2:

Vigil2 - 20 years
M2 - battery life 15 years (didn't see anything on their website about unit life, so I assume its 15 years)

price: $1250 + 2-3 replacement batteries ($120-$180)

total cost to own for life cycle:

M2 -~ $1000 for 15 years
Vigil2 ~ $1430 for 20 years

now let's see what would be the cost to own per year:

M2: 1000:15=$66.(6)
Vigil2: 1430:20=$75.1

Resale value in the middle of a life time may vary - it all depends if there any incidents happened recently with any particular unit...

I'm not trying to prove anything, but that's calculations I did when i was ordering my VSE container and had to decided what AAD to buy, and as we all know there is no official rep available here in US yet, and that mysterious M2 Distributions without physical address, website or phone number...

Resent Cypres SB turned me away from getting that great AAD, even we all know that Cypres is a great unit, but still...

Just my 2 cents

edit to fix grammar mistakes, but I'm sure there are still a lot left :)

Hi Jerry

At Symposium, I seem to recall that they said they would not be selling direct but would be via a dealer network.

I only have found a couple of US dealers and so they far seem to be backordered.

I guess they need to expand there dealer network and M2 distribution really needs to have more dealers on who there dealers are. There page seems to be fairly lacking....

Hi tribe,

they said they would not be selling direct

IMO it is a rare manufacturer that sells direct.

I would call Roger Allen at the phone number listed in my earlier post as a start.

Or give ChutingStar a call. They seem to be an up-front company. :P

JerryBaumchen