sjtravjr

Ariel from Flight Concepts

I've got 2-300 jumps on a 135. Basically a Sabre copy. Mine had a few hundred jumps on it when I got it. Quirky, unpredictable openings, but flew and landed OK. Might have been a little out of trim. Does that one have a Flight Concepts data panel? I thought they pre-dated Flight Concepts. I'm pretty sure mine is Glide-Path (without actually digging it out and looking at it).

I don't recall any chronic problems with off-heading openings. Mostly very snivelly openings with the more-than-occasional slammer. Seemed to be a little more difficult to get consistent openings than the 135 Sabre. (Actually, I never had any real problems with unusually hard openings on my Sabre.) But, again, mine may have had trim problems that might have exacerbated those kinds of problems. 9-cell.

I have enjoyed hundreds of jumps on an Ariel 150. Off-heading openings were rare.
The only times it opened hard were when I packed it sloppily ... and I suspect that most of those hard openings were caused by me allowing the slider to slip away from the slider stops as I rushed to stuff the canopy into the deployment bag.

For comparison, I also have hundreds of jumps on Sabre 1-135, 150 and 170, Sabre 2, Stiletto, Safire, Crossfire, Hornet, Pilot, etc..

put 250+ on a 170, loved it, it was stolen last year

not the best platform available and there are others now that are better

if the price is right I'd jump it
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.