geanky

Packers Charge

Everywhere I have ever been it's $5 for a sport main and $10 for a tandem. I don't think I have ever heard of any more or less. I would tip if I had jumped many times and I knew my packer was busting their ass to keep me in the air. Provided I had good openings.

$5 for a sport rig
$10 for a tandem

That's what I get, anyways, and unlike a lot of packers, I'm expected to have good openings on the tandems and other stuff I pack. Thus not adhearing to the saying "I get paid for the pack job, not the opening..."

Sometimes the sport packs (for random people) work out to be more, since if I'm providing good openings and pack for them all day, they'll tip.

(TIP: If you want special service from your packer, like giving your rig priority or some extra attention, tip a bit at the end of the day. :)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

How about tipping? What is a standard tip for packers? After a day where I jumped five or more times and the openings were good and I did not have to wai a long time I always tip one more pack job. (An extra $5) Is this average?

I've seen (and paid) $5 everywhere but once place, that charges $6.

I tip for packers that go out of their way to help me make loads and such. The openings aren't a basis for tipping, since poor openings could be as much my fault as theirs.

For 5 or more times, I would hope to see a tip of $5. If you needed a couple of the pack jobs rushed so you could make a load, then a few extra above that would keep your packer very happy.

I think the standard in Rantoul was $6...

$5. I dunno if Packing Kathy was charging six, but there were lots of other packers charging $5. I tend to tip $5-10 or something more expensive: a jump ticket.

Packing Kathy also gaurenteed her pack jobs with a free reserve repack if it was a ture packing error like a line over or something similar

I will always pay for the repack if the cutaway was my fault as the packer. Personally I think packers should do this and stand by it, helps keep them motivated to do a good job, if they don't have a good work ethic to begin with.

I think the standard in Rantoul was $6...

You got ripped...That's why we brought Jared...A little beer, a little food and he was fine packing for Mary and I all day...

Back to the topic-
3 DZ's here are 5$ for sports and 10$ for Tandem...I believe that Canon City pays 15$ for Tandems...
-----
~~~Michael

I don't pack mains much, just to help out when we are short packers. $5 for a student or sport rig, $10 for a tandem rig.

I pack reserves, mine and some friends, for $40. The rigger at Raeford charges the same, adding another charge for pop-tops. Big John doesn't pack pop-tops, so that's not an issue here.
Arrive Safely

John

Usually I wouldn't charge any extra, but with something like that it is generally understood that a tip would be in order. If they don't tip, that's their choice, but usually people are understanding.

The packers charge $5.00 for a sport rig at my dz.

I generally tip, plus I usually set my own brakes, unstow the slider and cock the pilot chute. I'll also feed my packer or get him gatorade when he's really busting his ass, and I'll drum up business for him when its kind of slow. (Like talking my friends into treating themselves to a pack job when they usually do it themselves!) I find that when I take good care of my packer, he takes pretty good care of me too.

My fiancee and I jokingly refer to our packers from last year and this year as our adopted sons!

maura