Pandarism

Cookie Gopro Roller Mount

Hi All,
Alright so I was in the market for a low profile relatively snag free mount for a GoPro and came across the Cookie GoPro Roller mount. I was wondering what the more pro jumpers thought about it. I know that all Gopro's are a snag hazard, and I'm trying to mitigate these risks by using a lower profile less snag capable mount. I'm aware of top/front mounted snag hazards and have done many jumps with dual night vision tubes attached to the front of my helmet with full oxygen mask by night and I've practiced EP with all this equipment by night.

So thoughts, advice and .02c are all appreciated. I've attached a pic of the mount below

Panda..
Compromise, A Few Seconds Of Pain, For A Life Time Of Shiny :D

I have it on my G2 and love it. It looks to be very snag resistant. The only con is you must get out the allen wrench and remove the top portion to fit your helmet in the bag or go in a wind tunnel. It is a small price for the added comfort level I have. I am sure there are those that disagree but in my opinion it made me much safer. Blue skies!!!
Chad B Hall
Woo hoo!
My goal is to make every jump a fun and safe one. Blue skies!
Some of my videos...

I have one on my G3 and agree with everything cbjetboy said. Two additional points:

I can vouch for having flown in the tunnel head-down on the net with the base plate installed (with gaffers tape over it) and it was totally fine.

I can also vouch for its strength. I was kicked in the head on a recent tracking jump (not serious). Even though I could not move the mount on my own by virtue of how tight the screws were (both before or after the jump), it was hit hard enough to change angles and even jam up a bit against itself at the far limit of its rotation. After removing the screws, a couple taps from a hammer freed the mount from being jammed up. I put it back to together and it works just like it was brand new. Can't say that would have happened with a plastic stock mount...

That's an elegant looking mount. What are you guys doing/using for quick-release? Or are you? Not bashing - just asking. Not sure how much of a consideration peeps are giving to this (or not) - especially with such an at least on-the-surface-of-it appearing, "snag-free" type mount.

A lot of people I have talked to, when asked - seem to think they can just unbuckle their helmets - until demonstrated that under nearly ANY "load", those fastex-buckles rather, will *NOT* (easily in any case) release. At the very least - at least to be aware, is all. Or maybe due to the appearing such low(ered) snag-risk with this mount perceived, it is not a concern any longer? I dunno - which is why I am aksing. Are you guys also doing some sort of chinstrap "quick-release" modification(s) with this set-up as well?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I know Brian Germain released a video of a very simple quick unbuckle device he made out of spectra I believe. I haven't heard anything else about it since so I don't know if it has proved to be a viable solution.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WuqJV3eRH0g&list=PLAA7B03CA8C2DFDCA
"If I can't be my own, I'll feel better dead." Layne Staley