FLYGUY702

preventing line overs

pchapman

Looking up the trivia for you:

Mighty Mak, Strong Enterprises, 328 sq ft.
I recall it being used as a big boy student canopy.

..................................................................................

Yes, and it was the predecessor to Strong's 425 Master Tandem main and reserve canopies.

And that just serves as a testament to modern canopy design.... Or back in the day... It's fascinating that you have to work so hard to get a mal, but yet people freak the fuck out and repack shit if it isn't just so....
I'll pull out the small test canopies and see if I can do a few drops with them... It'll be on my list... I just moved to Deland and still getting my loft set up and catching up on a few projects....

The slider being on the stops plays a bigger part than packing in my opinion. Here's why... Take your canopy and while packing have 2 people take right and left sides and stretch your slider out till it's flat across the top of your hanging canopy. Now go try and wrap some lines around while its dangling there,,, they fall right off and fall to their respective places.. So if it snivels at all then the slider will "organize" your lines for you and keep shit straight. So normally the tail spreads first but when the slider doesn't do its job, the front corners catch air and unfurl in a hurry, skipping pressurization, and putting you dizzy under a floppy rectangle that sort of resembles a canopy until it gets some pressure and starts flying...so couple that will a brake or d line in front with a slider not on the stops and the nose can inflate into the gap in the line, inverting the control lines and viola its a line over. its a stretch, but sloppy slider control and sloppy line organization kinda go hand in hand,,,, so yeah
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

man I am going to have to try to figure out how to post the video. of my line over I packed myself a sure enough line over trying to rush to make the next load Videoing tandems one day.:$ I knew better and did it anyway:S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

***... Personally, I psychopack. ...."

......................................................................................

The most important step to psycho-packing is the ROLLING , because rolling squeezes the air out while keeping the canopy neatly organized. The roll helps keep the canopy organized as you shove it into the bag. I learned to roll canopies a couple of years before psycho-packing was invented.

Hellis

Hint: it won't work if you put a stamp on the VHS tape and try to shove it in your computer.

Do you have it digital? Then just upload it on youtube.

its old enough footage that it is on a tape but it is a mini DV tape. the sad fact is I'm almost that bad. I can plug the camera into the computer and get the footage into the computer my problem is getting it back out again I used to understand linear editing non linear editing.not so much:S
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

FLYGUY702

Hey guys I'm relatively new to this sport. I'm currently a packer and just had a cutaway due to a lone over. I was just looking for some advice on how to prevent tjem. Thanks in adcance for taking the time to answer my question.

hen multiple lifts are made from one location, such as during duty cycle operations, check the condition of the ground and blocking materials regularly and as often as possible to ensure the crane remains on firm, stable ground.
Always check for overhead power lines and other obstructions. Comply with OSHA regulations for safe working distances around power lines:
Oil Gas Safety Council values the contribution Safety Professionals make to achieve the vision of accident free and safer workplace.
http://ogsc.org/