Para-cutie

Weight belt

I need to buy a weight belt, Recommendations? (the search yielded info from 8-10 years ago with links that no longer exist. )

Thank you!!!
I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle and here's a note from my shrink. He says I'm getting better. Last week I thought I was a toaster oven!
-Dot Warner

You can take a look at LookMa http://www.lookma.de/Start_English/Products/products.html

They even have one with cutaway (to avoid drowning if you land in deep water). They are based in Germany, but I think they are selling in the US through chuting star. And Frank looks like a nice guy (I just interchange a couple of emails with him).

You can take a look at LookMa http://www.lookma.de/Start_English/Products/products.html

They even have one with cutaway (to avoid drowning if you land in deep water). They are based in Germany, but I think they are selling in the US through chuting star. And Frank looks like a nice guy (I just interchange a couple of emails with him).

Their prices are crazy.

If you can try a few different models, do that. How the belts sit on your hips and where the weights are in reference to your rig will change the comfort drastically. My wife ended up making her own (she wears between 15 and 28 lbs).
Remster

I need to buy a weight belt, Recommendations? (the search yielded info from 8-10 years ago with links that no longer exist. )

Thank you!!!

for RW, FF or canopy loading?

My wife makes three kinds - www.skimmersuits.com

1 - normal belt (usually 10-15 pounds, 10 pouches, straight form)

2 - a 5 pound thin format (usually supplements/added over the top of the other belts)

3 - the super comfy one that has a lumbar support form (really popular with a lot of freefliers)....

I don't think that's up on the site yet. I'll try to find a picture. I use the lumbar one for RW, don't need weights for FF though. It's getting super popular (not Freeflying, that belt is getting popular with freeflyers)

Edit: Here it is http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4282190#4282190

There's a picture in the link and it's also a good discussion.

I think John Storrie makes one much like it also. He's a good guy.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm a Belly Baby. Haven't really used one in the last 600 jumps, but was amazed at my improvement when using one at the tunnel time with winter. It also won't hurt when coaching some of the corn feed students we have here :)

Unfortunately, work is swamped this spring/summer so making one would mean using my limited skydiving time.
I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle and here's a note from my shrink. He says I'm getting better. Last week I thought I was a toaster oven!
-Dot Warner

OK - you now have plenty of people and builders that can help. If you find someone local, that's nice because shipping costs a bunch due to the weight.

good luck

(IMO - just don't buy a weight vest - it messes up your weight disty and if you had any tunnel training, then know you want the weight around your waist and no higher.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Won't be back in Eloy until Sept or Oct.. Stupid Weddings and Senior Open are making me work this year :( But I'll see whats around home to try on as well

Thank you for the advise!!!
-Dot Warner

You definitely want to try one on before purchase (@ $75). As to weights. I bought 25 lbs of lead shot ($35), used some small zip lock bags (10 mil), a stapler and made my own.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

You definitely want to try one on before purchase (@ $75). As to weights. I bought 25 lbs of lead shot ($35), used some small zip lock bags (10 mil), a stapler and made my own.

And cover those ziplocks with duct tape. Win!
Remster

I'm a Belly Baby. Haven't really used one in the last 600 jumps, but was amazed at my improvement when using one at the tunnel time with winter. It also won't hurt when coaching some of the corn feed students we have here :)

Hey Lori.

I'm glad to see you're looking for some weight.

As you saw when you were at the tunnel - you flew much better when you weren't constantly working to stay down. I can't remember if you used one of mine or not. I know I loaned out three belts during that camp which is pretty standard.

If so mine are very much like the Spaceland belt. I've also seen and know people who use the Leadbelly and the Parasport belt from Chuting Star and are very happy with them.

I can't comment about the Skimmer belt as I have not seen that one.

I would strongly suggest you get a belt that you can take the weight out and move it around. That way you can add as much as needed and take it out when you don't need as much. I seem to recall you were flying with 10-12 lbs at the camp. Also there is no sense in buying the weight from them for $5.00 to $7.00 per pound and then pay shipping which is what will really add up.

I would suggest only buy the belt with lots of pockets for the pouches and then go to Scheel's or Bass Pro Shop or any place where you can buy buck shot for shot guns. Make your own weight pouches out of heavey zip lock bags and use packing tape for all the edges and ziplocks. I made 25 lbs of weight pouches in about 40 minutes. Or buy them already built for scuba diving in 2 lbs pouches.

Take a look at this link and make sure you look at the belt from Spaceland. It holds 16 lbs and only costs $60.00. It's built exactly like mine which has lasted me for 10 years with no issues.

http://www.skydivespaceland.com/shop/pro-shop/skydiving-gear/skydiving-accessories/weight-belt/

I am helping three other people from my last two camps find belts as well. You have my number and email so give me a shout out if you want more help.

Sandy

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

I can't comment about the Skimmer belt as I have not seen that one..

well then, you should come visit and jump with us more, we've missed you around here.

(It's a lot like what Tom Schroeder had at Couch from Velocity when they were in biz - Young Amy from Fargo is ordering one. So you'll see one when you practice with her. Two tunnel rats bought our spares last camp. So did Ryan R.)

And if your wife actually wanted to sell weight belts she would at least mention that she makes them (pictures are good too) :P. I was told she did but when I looked on the website no mention of a weight belt. So I bought a belt from someone else. :o