mrfalconfixer

Vigil II 9089 (DOM 07/2007) getting blank screen in between jumps **HELP**

I have a question. I just bought a used Tandem rig and it came with a Vigil (S/N 9089). My wife and I both fly Vigils in our sport rigs too. The strangest thing happened today. I switched on the AAD prior to the 1st jump and Tandem was displayed on on the screen following a normal start up. While doing a gear check prior to the next jump, about 45 minutes after the last jump the screen was blank. Pushed the button and the green LED flashed and the LCD displayed 'Hello', then went blank again. If i pushed the button again it started the shutdown sequence. If i shutdown the unit and started it back up again all was good for the next jump........

Is there something wrong with my AAD?[:/]
Ryan

I have a question. I just bought a used Tandem rig and it came with a Vigil (S/N 9089). My wife and I both fly Vigils in our sport rigs too. The strangest thing happened today. I switched on the AAD prior to the 1st jump and Tandem was displayed on on the screen following a normal start up. While doing a gear check prior to the next jump, about 45 minutes after the last jump the screen was blank. Pushed the button and the green LED flashed and the LCD displayed 'Hello', then went blank again. If i pushed the button again it started the shutdown sequence. If i shutdown the unit and started it back up again all was good for the next jump........

Is there something wrong with my AAD?[:/]

We had that same issue a couple months ago. According to the manuf, the LCD needed to be replaced. They replaced it fast for free. If you double-tap the button you may be able to run the shutdown sequence.

I'm only taking a guess here but this is what it sounds like to me.

Because you were able to get the light to flash, it appears that the unit was indeed on but the LCD did not display the information. Sometimes it's as simple as a loose connection. We put our electronic gear through more than we realize and you really can't be certain how it was treated before you bought it.

I cringe every time I see someone drop their rig from two or three up.

Obviously your Vigil needs to be looked at.

Please call Vigil at (386) 736-8464 (Florida time) - ask for Vladi, Candy or Jennifer. Any of these people will be able to help you.

I'm confident you will receive excellent service.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.