palejo

Damage at bridle attachment point

You're just having all sorts of gear issues aren't ya?

I don't see any damage. Could you post a better picture?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You're just having all sorts of gear issues aren't ya?

I don't see any damage. Could you post a better picture?

I'm attaching the same pic with a circle around the area, the white that you see inside the circle is the reinforcement tape inside the cell. It is just a small rip caused by the thread going through, nothing big but this area goes thru a lot of stress.
Alejandro
B27585

Well that... or could be some port damage as well kind of hard to tell for sure at glance of only that one angle, I would have to concur, but think it would be best to inspect the cells to each side as well, just to be sure.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I sent it yesterday to Aerodyne, can't take pics now but I did check inside on both side cells and found not damage to ribs, tape and cross ports, only on the top skin due to the overstitch. I brought it to Aerodyne myself for repair, they will remove the attachment point webbing and apply some extra reinforcement tape inside the cell and reattach the webbing.
I have never seen this type of damage before even on old canopies with lots of wear. This canopy DOM is 2008 and has less than 100 jumps. The damage is obviously not from abuse but from the manufacturing process when they over stitch the attachment point past the edge of the reinforcement tape under it.
I'm attaching the same pic but better illustration of the damage area.
The rip is pretty small, about the size of a square but it can get really big on deployment or while towing even a collapsed PC.
Alejandro
B27585

I must be either blind or too tolerant, but I think the "damage" you point it is so superficial that it's silly to even think about it.

you have a big beefy junction of load tapes, and you are worried about a single rip stop square worth of damage ???

HTFU !

Maybe I'm too picky but I did consult my rigger and Aerodyne rigger and they both agreed that a repair was needed. A small hole anywhere else in the canopy can stay the same for many jumps but on a loading area of the canopy it can get big.
Alejandro
B27585

I must be either blind or too tolerant, but I think the "damage" you point it is so superficial that it's silly to even think about it.

you have a big beefy junction of load tapes, and you are worried about a single rip stop square worth of damage ???

HTFU !

I applaud him for wanting to keep his gear in good condition. I have no clue as to why anyone would naysay that.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Maybe I'm too picky but I did consult my rigger and Aerodyne rigger and they both agreed that a repair was needed.

Hell no you are NOT being too picky. Good catch on the problem and kudos for getting it fixed before it does become a problem....probably when you least expect it.
Congrats.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239