divadgagnon

Fullface that seals the most without fogging up?

Hi, I am looking for a fullface helmet since I need a helmet and I hate messing with goggles in the plane. I was mainly looking at the G3 and Phantom X. Now my concern is with the phantom, the huge vent seems like a lot of air might be able to get in there and I definitely don't want that because I wear contacts and they are pretty likely to fall off with the wind.

It happened once (luckily I lost only one) and I definitely do not want it to happen again since the power in my glasses/contacts is +16. For those who know how much that is you understand landing with only one eye wasn't super fun, so if I were to lose both I would be in for quite a rough landing.

So anyway my question is which of the helmets (or any other you would like to suggest) that would better suit my need for not letting air in but still not fog up.

Thanks for your help.

Having jumped my Phantom is some pretty cold (UK Winter) conditions I've found some issues with it fogging up - not so impressed. I like it as a helmet as its comfy with a nice design on opening the visor. (had the helmet for a year and a bit, put about 140jumps and 12hours tunnel on it - all FS)

As for the gap at the front, don't really notice it unless I look straight down, then a bit of air comes through it..

I love my G3, it really helps block out a lot of the wind noise and seals up nice. It comes with 2 different padding for the front section, one that blocks your mouth (to keep your breath from going up onto the face-shield) to help with fogging issues in the cold and another one that is a bit more open for when its warmer out.

Also, you can buy anti-fog wipes that really eliminate any fogging problems (It's what I do and it works wonders)