TheBile

If you've completed an AFF course .......

What's the fastest anyone has achieved their Cert A in both timescale and number of jumps ? Has anyone completed it from scratch (with no previous experience) without the need for re-jumping any of the levels ?
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I've seen people doing it in like 4 days....But I was like Blue and crawled thru a static line prog, got frustrated and went to a different DZ....In America...and did S/L in about 9 days..:)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I got my A in 8 AFF + 10 Consol jumps
last summer. It took a couple of months because I was only jumping at the weekend and the british weather.

Although we have had a few people spend an entire week at the DZ and get good weather and managed to bang in all the jumps they needed for A license in about 5-6 days.

Also a lot of people manage to complete Aff + 10 jumps at empuria brava or on some other skydiving holiday where the weather is more predictable than what we get here.

John
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

"complete Aff + 10 jumps at empuria brava or on some other skydiving holiday"

Yup, Empuria, thats where I've seen whuffoes transformed into skygods....lickety spit quick...;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I completed AFF in 7 jumps. Then immediately injured my shoulder (not skydiving) and have been grounded since my graduation jump. The season is almost done here in New England so I'll probably just wait until spring and let the shoulder completely heal.

At that point I'll probably have to re-do a few levels for recurrency.

I did mine over a Thursday afternoon (3 jumps) and Saturday morning (4jumps) - it rained on the Friday. I did three consols on the Saturday afternoon and I think (?) I had them all completed by the following Friday. I did 10 static lines 3 years before, and I'm sure that helped lessen the fear factor...
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

I didn't repeat any levels, but I also took close to a month and a half from first tandem to hop n pop due to weather and budget constraints. I bet if you had sufficient fundage and a nice big flat dz not on an island you oculd do it pretty fast. There's a guy out here whose dad is teaching him and I think he did three solos last weekend.
Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

There was a guy at CK's that did all seven levels with Kruse in one weekend. It was actaully fairly early in the afternoon on Sunday for his level seven too. I wasn't so lucky, learned in the fall in upstate NY, many wind holds. Of course guys that work in the tunnel can complete all the free fall level requirements in 1 jump (of course actaully pulling and landing a canopy is a whole different story! :)

Hey Gerb.
Where are you at in your training? I'm STILL trying to get in my next level-AFP#6. Gotta clouded out yesterday:(.../winds were too strong to let us students jump.
So far, I have passed every level on the first try, but #6 make me nervous! 3 more jumps to graduate, and then (hopefully) just 8 more jumps to get the A-license:)

[#003366] Where are you at in your training?

[/#003366]
Hey Lila.
I passed Level 3 (barely:S) on the second attempt but then the weather turned to crap, and so did my finances, so I've been grounded ever since.>:(
Good to hear your making such good progress though.:)
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

:)At the end of it all you have to have 20 jumps logged, with at least 5 (i think) landed safely with in 25 metres of the target, as well as freefalll manourves your must also demonstrate a set ammount of canopy manourvers.
Only 15ish jumps to go till "A" cert:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?