shibu

trouble reading visio display in freefall

I have a Viso II that I used for my last few jumps.

I love the display under canopy.

In freefall I seem to have trouble reading the left most part of the screen. The rest of the screen looks fine. So when 8.32 is displayed it looks like 3.32.

It is better since I ditched my polarized goggles but it still occurs.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Anolog dial!!!! :)

I am a huge fan of anolog... just not under canopy. I know I should be able to use my eyes but I'm not happy with my accuracy yet. Viso seems to help with that for now.

I just wish the display was bigger. Too bad they don't make one with numbers twice the normal size like a large text book. :(

I am a huge fan of anolog... just not under canopy. I know I should be able to use my eyes but I'm not happy with my accuracy yet. Viso seems to help with that for now.

I just wish the display was bigger. Too bad they don't make one with numbers twice the normal size like a large text book. :(

ParaSport Altitron. Hugh display and big numbers. i love mine
http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/altitron-digital-altimeter
Lovin every second of it!

In freefall I seem to have trouble reading the left most part of the screen. The rest of the screen looks fine. So when 8.32 is displayed it looks like 3.32.

It's my biggest concern regarding digital altimeters. In freefall to me all that matters is the red-line. I don't really care if I'm at 6 or 8k generally.

That said, I like my Viso 2 and it is nice under canopy. I have the normal hand mount and was initially putting the rubber loop around my middle finger, but since moved it to my index finger. That improved my ability to read the display tremendously. Have you played around with the mounting? Other jumpers use the elastic mount on their wrist, don't know if that would help as well.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

ParaSport Altitron. Hugh display and big numbers. i love mine
http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/altitron-digital-altimeter

Sweet. I am going to look into this.

It's my biggest concern regarding digital altimeters. In freefall to me all that matters is the red-line. I don't really care if I'm at 6 or 8k generally.

That said, I like my Viso 2 and it is nice under canopy. I have the normal hand mount and was initially putting the rubber loop around my middle finger, but since moved it to my index finger. That improved my ability to read the display tremendously. Have you played around with the mounting? Other jumpers use the elastic mount on their wrist, don't know if that would help as well.

I was thinking of trying the wrist or glove mounts but never though of just changing the finer it is looped on.

Thanks, I am going to try each one until I get something that works better.

It's good just to know that I am not the one who has had an issue like this.