cobar

Cookie G3 Cutaway System

Squeak

Im aware pf the Grelfab mounts and my position is unchanged. G3 is NOT a camera helmet and will not come off easily in the event of a snag.

But why does that matter for a GrellFab mount? The entire thing is designed to disappear if you cut it, leaving you with nothing but the unmodified helmet. I'm very much not a fan of the "I will just add some cord to my G3 and call it a cutaway" school of thought, but GrellFab makes it pretty much exactly as safe as a G3 with no camera in the first place. Are you suggesting that stock G3s with no camera mounted are prone to snags and might need to be cut away?
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

As you stated it really doesn't solve the problem. Yes, it does get rid of the tensioning strap but your chin is still inside the chin cup. You still have to push your head back/ suck your chin in and tilt the front of the helmet up before it will come off. There is one person who came up with a Gopro cutaway mount that I feel is the only real answer if you want to put a gopro on a G3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5awQR_fDhA&feature=youtu.be
Kirk
He's dead Jim

My feedback about G3 and cameras :

I wanted only one helmet, full-face, with the possibility to put a go pro (or other small camera).

At t he beginning, i had a go pro 4 silver, without the roller mount , so i came with this kind of mount :

If was "risk acceptable" for me to jump such a helmet, but it was very "high" mounted, and in some planes, the top of the camera was touching the wing.

So i bought the gopro4 session, changed the bold to a hex bolt :

I really like this mount, it never get caught in my lines on landing, never touch the wings, quality is fine for what i do, snag risk is quite low :P