xijonix

Centaurus Containers

I'm on a budget looking for a first rig and I come across a '97 Centaurus that seems just right but there is only one problem: I can't really find much information on it. Does anyone have any good reasons such as outdated designes why someone wouldn't want to purchase this container?

-Jon

Back in the day they were good rig when Troy made them, then North American Aerodynamics bought the design. The last one I saw made by NAA, had a lot of draw backs to it, shitty riser covers and other out dated things... Can't tell the DOM on that one with out looking in my log book. 97 is not all that old in terms of age. Some pic of it would help, I have not seen a modern one in the field. I doubt you would find much out there not a common rig in the sport market.

I would venture to say not the greatest choice out there... If you are looking for safe yet lower cost rig, a Altico Dolphin would be a good score and if you were going to buy and jump a NAA Centaurus, you wouldn't doing freeflying, so a dolphin would do just as good and you can find used ones pretty cheap, even a new on is cheap in cost but they are made very well.

All that said, keep looking there is better used stuff out there, and if you can't find any info in a Google search... that might be your first clue as how good of a deal it really is.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I don't know anything specific about the Centaurus, but keep in mind that you will need to find a rigger that can pack it (will at the very least need a manual).

And with any rare, oddball or orphan gear, you will want to know if parts are available.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo