superstu

how did everyone pay for their first rig

well, i got my first 2 rigs payed for by my parents. i started skydiving at the age of 13 i hit some growth spurts, and had to get new ones. now, i have bought my last 2 rigs, i just packed at the dz to get money. it's a quick way to earn money if your fast. and if the dz has some business.

later

My wife and I had been saving up in a "vacation account" ... we agreed that if I painted (some of) the inside of our house, the money we could have spent on a vacation -- could be spent on my rig!

Daddy bought as Dolphin and a Silhouette!!!

my credit card.......

pd210, raven II in a racer from 1983...600 dollars and it served me well untill i blew up the main and sold the reserve and had the container condemed..... next rig i get will be from my tax return and re-enlistment bonus........

Cash....$2000.00 for a D2 with a PD 170 and Micro Raven. It had a cypress that needed batteries but other than that she was great. Plus a gear bag, helmet bag and jumpsuit (that fit at the time). The stuff had less than 150 jumps on it. Sold her 120 jumps later minus the gear bag and jumpsuit for $2200.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Bought a used rig (with Cypres) with money from selling my childhood collection of little plastic Breyer horses. Serious collectors really put the money out when you have discontinued items they want!:)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I had a tech training gig that paid $50/hr. Boy do I miss that!
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I robbed a convenience store. 60 of em. They only keep $50 in the drawer you know.
Cash for my used Cypress, cash for my main. Plastic with a low interest rate for my reserve and new container. I could look at it as a debt I'm still paying or I could say that the only reason I have a balance on my card is because I'm still shelling out for rental gear while waiting for my container. I also used a personal loan from my credit union which is all paid up save $100 to help fund my rig and AFF.
Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....