superstu

how did everyone pay for their first rig

Well, I didnt have the money either, so I decided to liquidate my assets that I havent touched for a minimun of 6 months.
This is what I sold:
Piece of crap boat $600.00
Scuba Diving Gear $700.00
Rem 700 Rifle $1100.00
Browning 12 Ga shotgun $250.00
SKS Assault rifle $350.00
1000 rounds of ammo $100.00
I eyeballed my dirt bike, but decided that my riding buddies would never forgive me. As you see, its easy to get what you need if you have got other shit that you dont. This afforded me a really nice Talon 2 DOM 1998 container with hip rings and hook knife (26 jumps) with an Cyprus that has 8 years left. Main is a Sabre 150 (1998) with 400+ jumps that had been relined 5 jumps prior to my ownership. Reserve is a Raven 181 (1998) that has never been aired out, it looks really nice and new with waxy white lines.
All this cost me $2400 smackers, and that is a great deal. All I had to do was be patient with my search until something came up that I wanted and could afford. The rest of the money was for coach jumps towards my A and B cert.
Here are some pics of my baby. My wife tells me that I cherish my rig more than our son. :) I just cant wait till I can jump with him. Heck theres a pic of him too for measures sake.:)P.S. Dig that floor? Gotta love remodels.

07.21.2002 Summer Evening.jpg

Dsc00265.jpg

Dsc00266.jpg

piece by piece by piece is how I did it. I got the container from a friend, the main from another friend, and the reserve from yet another friend. I don't jump with an AAD because that doesn't really worry me all that much. Anyway, my rig is solid, and it only cost me $825. Gotta love friends!

Truman Sparks for President

How did you get sponsored? Are you serious?
I sold my first car to buy my first rig. :)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

I haven't gotten my first rig together yet....I keep trying to think of things to sell, but there's nothing.....

I did get a killer deal on my main, though...$700 bucks for a Spectre w/ 203 jumps on it, DOM 2000. Now to get the rest of the things...

Ciels-
M

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Student loans, I figured I was student, so it was legal!

My first rig was actually an almost new Security System with a Tri-Con (round) reserve and a Unit main. The rig only had five jumps on it, but two of those were malfunctions, so the owner was selling it cheap (700.00). It wasn't a great student rig because of the malfunction history, but the price made it perfect for me! I had a few malfunctions too, figured out the problems, and it became a great rig.

-tom buchanan
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

You know something? After all of those (how should I put this?)flaky poll posts, this question would actually make good use of the poll feature, but alas...
Student loan here. Still waiting for the escrow service to cash my check so I can even look at the damn thing...
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All