fastmartin2002

i can't wait until they find the bastard!

Hi from the other side of earth!!
I have read and heard from news that the caliber is .223 and the type of rifle is not specified. Caliber .223 is very fast and accurate. The weight of bullet is small and that's why it is so dangerous when it hit to people. It's going unstable when penetrating anything. And yes, it can easily penetrate a car door.
And I wanna know, how you there feel about this sniper? Are you scared ? Staying inside ? Using bullet wests? And sorry if here is some errors, my language skills are not perfect.

An AK-74 shoots a .223. Can it penetrate a car door? Depends on how close this guy is shooting to you, where in the door it hits, etc, but yes it can. The thing is, though, shots through stuff aren't as accurate as good clean, open shots. This guy likes those.

Man, I would love to have this asshat lined up with a clean shot in my cross hairs. Actually, I'd really like to beat him with an axe handle, a little more satisfying when you can actually hear his skull crack in person.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

np. :)
There's been a lot of that going on lately, people who are casually aquanted with guns and such not realizing the difference, not knowing there is a -74 as well as the -47, etc. When I say that, I mainly mean those asshats we call the media. (God they suck).

np. :)
There's been a lot of that going on lately, people who are casually aquanted with guns and such not realizing the difference, not knowing there is a -74 as well as the -47, etc. When I say that, I mainly mean those asshats we call the media. (God they suck).

get me started... do you remember the shoot out that the bankrobbers had with the LAPD a few years back? All the media could say was AK-47 this and AK-47 that, but if you look at the footage, the perps were carrying Amalite AR-15's, why could the media not get it right? Because at that time there was a liberal movement to get the imprtation of the AK's illegalized, and all the negative publicity was helpful to the purposes of the leftist media.

Oh and the last thing that I heard about the caliber of teh rifle, if it is 5.56, that qualifies as the equvialent of .223, the same as the M-16, AR-15, and the M-4, carbine, a deft enough weapon for shots up to the 250yd marker, hell to even qualify it is a 200 yarder. For shear ass-whooping, give me the M1927A2 Thompson or the M1919A1 .30 calibre machine gun:o:P

Edited to say, that I am a little more than casually aquainted with firearms, not at the same level as the Michigan militia, but I have a working knowledge, just had a brain fart earlier:)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

You know, if he was a *real* sniper he'd be using something more powerful then anything that shoots a .223 (to agree with with previous postings). Probably something like a modified Remington 700, but then again that would give him the power to reach out and touch someone at 800+ meters, if he really knows how to shoot.

I agree with SpeedRacer that the sniper probably lives in the Aspen Hill area. When they had roadblocks up yesterday, he had probably already walked home. But that is just my uneducated guess.

This shit is getting really old and frustrating, in many, many ways.

First of all, I feel for the victims. They didn't do anything other than be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Next, the shootings are having a huge impact on the people here. Nobody wants to put gas in their car. Nobody wants to go to the grocery store. Nobody wants to do anything that involves being in an outdoor public area. The effects on our regional psyche are pretty dramatic. You can't really tell from news reports, but there is a palpable aura of fear.

One of my usual rituals is to put my baby in her stroller about 2-3 times per week and walk to a grocery store in Aspen Hill, where I live. I shop, stroll her around the shopping center, then walk back home. Needless to say, I don't do that any more. I still buy groceries, but I'm not taking her with me, and I don't walk the whole way.

We've also become a suspicious group of people, to an absurd degree. My next-door neighbor owns a white minivan AND a white full-sized van with ladders. I think he is a good guy, and I doubt it is him, but the whole point is that you never know. Everyone is scurrying around and playing "FBI Profiler" to themselves. I mean everyone, including myself. You just can't help it. People pretend they know what is going on because they have watched COPS or a few Law & Order episodes.

Since yesterday, there were police and media helicopters overing just about over my house. I passed cop cars on every corner on the way to work (3 hours late due to roadblocks) yesterday. I'm not blaming them, but I don't want to live in a place where that is required. I won't move. I just want the sniper gone. Preferably dead.

My daughter hasn't been out of the building at daycare in weeks. My wife is a teacher, and the kids have been cooped up with indoor recess for weeks. The patrols have all been pulled inside for their safety. When I pass parks and playgrounds that were a reason I moved here, they are deserted. Some of the woods where the sniper may have fired from have nice paved paths where I want to take Lucy when I teach her to ride a bicycle. She isn't old enough for that yet, but lots of kids are, and they are stuck inside.

Basically, I am just incredibly angry at the person(s) causing so much pain and disruption in our lives.

You know, if he was a *real* sniper he'd be using something more powerful then anything that shoots a .223 (to agree with with previous postings). Probably something like a modified Remington 700, but then again that would give him the power to reach out and touch someone at 800+ meters, if he really knows how to shoot.

Good point. By naming this guy "The Sniper", it gives the public the perception that he has "special" training. Rifles are just made to be accurate. The public doesn't realize that a .223 round doesn't have that much kick. A person is a pretty large target and even an untrained shooter can hit another person at 100 yards.
My gut reaction is to take this guy out if possible. However, I know that the forensic psychiatrists don't want that. To them, he is a textbook for knowledge such as "what makes a serial killer become one" and "how do I trap the next serial killer into giving me clues". All the "dialogue" and "communication" that the police are trying to establish is playing on the grandiosity of this guys ego. Try to sucker him into providing clues. Hope it works.

Oh I fully agree, but how much time/capital expenditure is required to obtain a match grade 700 mag with the floating barrel? It scares me enough that some thug has the ability to aqcuire the weaponry that shoots the .223, which I am under the impression that it is not the easiest thing to do, the thought of some scumbag out there with the were with all to aqcuire a truly dedicated sniper rifle scares the Begeezes out of me

Any one see on Interpol that France has one of their marksman AWOL in North America for the last 7 weeks? He never reported back after his leave. He was in France's equv of Ranger school for snipers.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Now their checking houses on the other side of the country, evidently the place where Mr. Scumbag lived before. They've dug out a stump that he used for target practice & they're gonna fly it to DC to do ballistics tests on the bullets they dig out of it.

Now they're also saying that this might be more than one guy.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Now their checking houses on the other side of the country,

Yeper there in Tacoma checking a back yard of an old Ft. Lewis soldier. They took a tree stump away as it may have been used for target practice. the entire back yard is a giant grid that there combing over with metal detectors.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Oh I fully agree, but how much time/capital expenditure is required to obtain a match grade 700 mag with the floating barrel? It scares me enough that some thug has the ability to aqcuire the weaponry that shoots the .223, which I am under the impression that it is not the easiest thing to do, the thought of some scumbag out there with the were with all to aqcuire a truly dedicated sniper rifle scares the Begeezes out of me

You can buy a remington 700 pss for less than $600.00 that will shoot less than 1/2" out of the box . It comes free floated and bedded in an aluminum block . Guns that fire the .223 are everywhere . Accurate ammo is very easy to come by . You can also blow upwards of $10,000 on a custom built match rifle .

The AK-74 is the replacement for the AK-47. Chack the link for info:http://izhmash.udm.ru/arms/ak74m.html

Really a great Gun, but I would not use one for a sniper rifle. By the way, the 5.56mm or .223 cartridge is totally different from the 5.45mm.

Granted $600 bones is not much to us who spend upwards of $1500 on a "backpack" (my mom's term), but $600 to some gangbanger? I don't know that kind of shit makes me worry just a little bit.

You can buy a remington 700 pss for less than $600.00 that will shoot less than 1/2" out of the box . It comes free floated and bedded in an aluminum block . Guns that fire the .223 are everywhere . Accurate ammo is very easy to come by . You can also blow upwards of $10,000 on a custom built match rifle .