arl120384

Resizing harness, and main/reserve trays

Hey all,

I found a lot of info on harness resizing, and thats only part of my problem. I lost a bunch of weight last year, and desperately need to downsize to keep my original wing loading, and have my harness adjusted. I contemplated selling, and have also emailed the manufacturer about overhauling the whole container. Any thoughts? I have yet to hear back about pricing, or even if its possible. I understand the harness is no big deal, but my container was originally built to fit a 210 (current canopy) and be able to downsize to a 190. Now I'm in the market for a 170, with future flexibility of a 150.

I understand this is a lot of work, but to those with more experience, does it wound worth it? Im trying to be cost efficient and not get a whole new container, since I've had this one since new for only 5 years. Im not an aggressive downsizer, and I want a slower canopy that will suit me well for the demos that I mostly fly. I plan on settling with the 170 to 150 range for the rest of my skydiving career. Im currently 185 pounds, down from 235.

Thanks for all your help!

Have you ever heard the term 'harness/container' used when describing a rig? It's used because it is both a harness and a container, but not much else. So when you ask if you can resize both the harness and the container, you're more or less building a new rig.

Let's say that the harness resize is $500. Let's say the container resize (which I'm not sure exists) is another $500. You're up to $1000 to keep your old rig. How about you sell the rig and add $1000 to the proceeds and just order yourself a new rig in the right sizes?

Let's say that the harness resize is $500. Let's say the container resize (which I'm not sure exists) is another $500. You're up to $1000 to keep your old rig. How about you sell the rig and add $1000 to the proceeds and just order yourself a new rig in the right sizes?

Quite right! Especially since rigs that can hold a 210 and fit a 230+ pound guy will be easy to sell.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am