weegegirl

Driving under the influence. What's okay?

It really is incredible how many people in this post would never drink and drive after drinking more than two beers. And how everyone supports taking licenses away for a .0001 blood level. A couple of my friends are cops, and one time when I went out with them, we responded to a call where a car was in a ditch. There were three empty gin bottles in teh back, and the driver had a .42. Point being, this would kill nearly all of us, but he was still relatively functional. I would also assume that since I do my fair share of drinking, I can function far better with a .10 than most people who don't drink...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

There have been many good posts here about the topic of drinking and driving... The original post also asked about Marijuana...

I... I mean... a friend of mine... smokes joints behind the wheel all the time. I... He;), doesn't think anything of it... I think it's okay too so long as he don't get completely incompetently screwed-up-stoned... I mean, what happens? You automatically slow your speed down to 40km/h and STILL think you're going to fast. Plus, you look out a lot more, I find.

What do you guys think???

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

According to your wheel:

If you are male and weigh 174 pounds and you have had 5 Light beer(s) over a period of 1 hour(s) then...

Your estimated blood/breath
alcohol concentration is
.080 g/210 liters of breath

I would be legaly drunk in Texas...

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

It really is incredible how many people in this post would never drink and drive after drinking more than two beers. And how everyone supports taking licenses away for a .0001 blood level. A couple of my friends are cops, and one time when I went out with them, we responded to a call where a car was in a ditch. There were three empty gin bottles in teh back, and the driver had a .42. Point being, this would kill nearly all of us, but he was still relatively functional. I would also assume that since I do my fair share of drinking, I can function far better with a .10 than most people who don't drink...

Yea the guy was SO relatively functional that he decided to park his vehicle in a ditch. Good example!

I party like an adult. then I also make the desicion to not drive LIKE AN ADULT. if Ive opnly had a beer or two then I will drive anything over that and I'm staying. my tolerance would kill a lot of people too> I know I could handle the drive I fi had to be theres a thing called responsibility! try it!
another reason...Even if you are a good DRUNK driver,and someone hits you. YOU are the one who is fucked.NO matter what b/c you shouldnt have nbenn there to begin with! it just isnt worth it!
My photos

My Videos

But just because some people over do it should all lose simple rights?.

Simple fact, driving is not a right, it's a privilege. As such, you must abide by certain rules (laws) in order to maintain that privilege. If you choose not to, that privilege can and will be revoked. Period. Doesn't matter if you think it's right or wrong, it simply is the fact.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

nice call LUNA

Yeah Nice, Some people think driving a car is as simple as walking down the street... It is really... if you're walking down the street with a loaded, hair-trigger assault rifle cocked and pointed straight ahead at all times!! A car is a weapon and should be treated as such. I still remember the first words of my driving instructor when I was 16: "Most of you people here risk your life (refering to being a passenger in a moving car) every single day without even giving it a first thought! When you start driving, you will have the lives of coutless others in your hands... think about it!"

Just a thought

Not true about Germany. Unless they passed a new law just last month. In Gremant you may have some booze in your system. Don't know how much,

.05 will get you a dwi!!!!! .08 will get you a dui this was what it was in germany when i was stationed ther up to last december... don't hink it has changed...

Life, like skydiving, often goes better when you plan it out. I've gone home after having a few too many (well, OK, it was only two, but two is one too many for me). Since then, I've brought a sleeping bag and I sleep in my car while at the dropzone. There are only a few things in the world that are as good to wake up to as a Cessna warming up for a 6:30 am load.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

But just because some people over do it should all lose simple rights?.
And don't even get me started about road blocks stopping people to see if there breaking the law or adults having to wear seat belts or bike helmets.
Laws should not be made to punish everyone.

Yeah? :S Why don't we all just jump without a reserve parachute, how dare we regulate safety in this country. Oh yeah, I don't really give a shit if the person drunk crashes and burns but all it takes is that one time to run over little susy playing barbi in her front yard. It shouldn't be your right to drink and drive at all because you then are putting other lives in danger. Live, liberty, and the pursuit of hapiness, not, Life, Liberty, and the right to do what ever the shit you want. Why don't I just walk around downtown Manhattan with an open container of Uranium. It's my decision as an adult right?, who give a *&%$ about anyone else.

-So, how hard is the ground?!

Low tolerance (read: cheap date) 2 drinks and I'm up on the table shaking my rump like a rump-shaker!B|:o

Yeah but we're talking about ALCOHOL here Dove, that was just yohoo you were drinking! :)
"You like Yohoo?... You like Yohoo with a little RHUM?"
-Adam Sandler, Big Daddy

In Oz. we have the 0.05 limit. The slogan goes.... If you drink and drive then you're a bloody idiot. Exceeding 0.05 will get you a loss of licence for 3 months plus a minimum AU$400 fine. 0.08 and your licence is gone for a year and the fine is larger. A repeat offence will in all liklyhood get jou some goal time. IF you're in your first year of drivin or in the first year after you come back after doing you licence for 0.05 the limit zero. In my view that's the way it ought to be.

Ooroo
Mark F...