skybytch

Thief!

One thing the arabs and some other folks have right is their penalty for thieves, OFF WITH THEIR HANDS!

only their right hand, not both. it is a disshonor in the arab/egyptian society to have your right hand removed. they eat with their right hand, and wipe their arse with the left, so to have to eat, and wipe your arse with the same hand is a really big dissgrace. they still have public hangings, and punishment here as well. if our penalities were half as stiff as these peoples are, i can garantee you, we'd have fewer thieves, because the punishment just in't worth it, plus the muslims are far too religous and devout in their faith, well most of them anyway.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Isn't the number up to 42 or 43 now? (hangings)

Dave:

according to the guys i work with out here (they speak really broken english, arabic launguage) the number is way higher than that, and they are staunch in their punishment system. i couldn't believe it when they were telling me of this. they will also mutilate the body after death, just to add insult to injury. but then again, they believe if you kill yourself for religion, you'll be a martyr as well. it's definitely a different culture. if your an american, and you come over here to the "kingdom" U.A.E. you are subject to their laws, and have to sign a form stating you will abide by them, and that you agree to be subject to their punishments for whatever the crime is.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Friday we were on our way to Davis when I tried to get money from my checking account. Turns out that someone got a hold of an old check and wrote it to himself just a couple of days before...if anyone sees Jesus Borrelo, please tell him I would like to have a word. :)

I'm not so pissed off as much as dumbfounded that people can actually feel ok about taking things from others. I'll get the money back, and even if I didn't, even though he doesn't realize it, what he's lost or has never had, his integrity, is worth a hell of a lot more than $125 (the amount of the check).

It's just sad.

-S