Airhead

How Far Do You Drive To Get To Your Home DZ?

They have a C206, home only has C182s. Oh I wonder what it's like to jump a plane that you can stand up in

I've only been in two C206s, but standing up was not an option on either. Unless you're a midget, sorry, sorry, small person, I think you got your aircraft mixed up.;)
I got nuthin

Its a 1hr & 15min. drive. Very harsh on me, when I lived in Ohio it was only 15 minutes and I would sneak a jump in every day on the way home from work. Now there is no weekday jumping.
-

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

i've got two, with super otters real close! ;) 128 km, or 80 miles to SDH (waller) and SDSM. (fentress air park) then we have the "mecca" of all sky diving resorts in the state of texas, where i trained at SDSL in rosharon, texas 180 miles, or 288 km. with 2 super otters, and i believe they just fitted one with O2 for high altitude jumps, although i'm not sure of this. then we have SDAL in bryan/college station which is a kewl little dz as well coming in at 96 km or 60 miles, with a really kewel C-182, nicest one i've ever seen! so i'm surrounded! ;) and i still don't get to jump enough. :| but SDH is "home" would one of you DZO's PLEASE buy a King Air!!??!! :)

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Airhead,
The closest place is about 200 miles. Another is about 300 miles. The place I consider my home drop zone is about 650 miles. They're all getting ready to shut down for the winter. I retire in about five years and hope to move to a warmer climate in the winter and live in Montana in the summer. Steve1

My home DZ is over eight hours away. I was living there, until I moved north to be with my girly. Now if I can just find a source of income... Anyone looking for a guy who can do anything in the Cincinnati area?

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

2-1/2 to 3 hours each way to Davis (Skydance) depending on traffic through Sac.
If Skydive Lake Tahoe opens back up to fun jumpers next summer that'll be reduced to 25 minutes each way. Davis would still be home though, jumping at 100' ASL is just so much more pleasant than 5k ASL w/ oxy.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Hastings was "my first" so I'll probably jump their every once in a while- no matter what- just because it was "my first" DZ. I'm a real sentimental fool. Ya know what I mean??
In the last three weeks I've been to four DZs to check them out: HASTINGS (90 miles away), GOBLES(an? hour+ drive), NAPOLEAN (250+- miles) and MICHIGAN SKYDIVERS at MARSHALL (190+- miles...But I kinda got lost so I'm not sure about the mileage:$).
It's looks like Marshall is gonna be where I finish up my AFP training. I went there yesterday to try(AGAIN!) to get in my AFP #6 jumps in. The heavy overcast never did clear[unsure]. But I still had fun hanging out at this DZ & meeting the DZO who's another skydiving chick! and some other people there that were hoping to get in jumps, too. My gut feeling and general vibe is that this DZ seems low-key, fun-loving and has some great potential. PLUS they're planning to stay open until Thanksgiving (with potential for more)!
Have you checked out these places? :)

To all of you people who answered 15 minutes or less....I hate you.....j/k!

It is 86.6 miles from my driveway to Archway's parking lot. Takes me about an hour and 15 minutes....on the way there I use the time to let go of all my issues...I don't bring work or any other problems with me to the DZ....

Anne

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!