jty2007

Wings order??

Hey all,

Looking for a Wings dealer in the Charlotte, NC area. I saw a posting for 40% off containers in stock, and have picked out two that I'm interested in. Problem is, when I search for dealers on their site (NC and SC), all I get are folks that aren't dealers anymore, or disconnected numbers. Can anyone help out?

Thanks!

Why add the middleman? I'm talking about a specific item that's in stock.

If you're looking for a dealer in North Carolina or South Carolina; haven't you already expressed a desire to go through a "middle man"?

If you want to deal straight with Sunrise Manufacturing, then you should call 1-813-780-7369

Or go to their website
http://www.skydivewings.com/index.php?page=main_page

Or plan a road trip to
6520 Fort King Rd
Zephyrhills, Fl 33542
Canopies must all be female. If I treat mine good, she gives me a good ride. If I slap her in the bag, she will dump me like a turd.

Courtesy of PRE7117, love that line.

I figured the dealer was where you picked your items up from. The fact that they don't have to be near you just threw me for a loop, as if I'm paying someone to be a layover in the shipping process. I'm new to the sport, though. Thanks!

***as if I'm paying someone to be a layover in the shipping process.***

That's exactly what you're doing. There are two reasons.

Reason 1. Sometimes, the dealer gets much better incentives than you. For example, when I got my Mirage (custom), I called direct and they said they could sell it to me at list. Ordering through a dealer got me a good % discount on the list price. The 40% you see, for example, might only apply through a dealer.

Reason 2. Much more importantly, especially because you're new to the sport, your rig will come completely disassembled. How do you plan to inspect it for manufacturing defects? How do you plan to install your main, let alone install and inspect/pack your reserve? How do plan to install your AAD?

Assuming you are not a rigger, you will need to send your rig to a "middleman" to do at least two of these things (inspect/pack reserve and install AAD). More likely, you will want a rigger to inspect the rig and install your main as well. Why not use one middleman instead of two? Ship the rig straight to a dealer who will check it out and also has a rigger to do all of those things for you.