Cajones

Do you think Void should be booted?

Who is this Clinton Radloff character and are his posts still around?

I think some of them are, man, they got nasty...I had to read them wearing a nomax suit with special fire proof keyboard and mouse...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Been busy all day with physical therapy, errand's and taking care of my family, I go online to find this shmuck talking to myself and others like this, excuse me? #1 on the poll most definitely, a good old fashioned attitude adjustment...

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Anyone point me in the direction of these threads where void made these remarks?

Try scrolling down a bit to his poll about post whoring. I think that's the one. Frankly, it wasn't one I marked as "must watch"....:S

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Actually, I think he left us immediately after his comment suggesting bovine sex.
Go, and fly free little turtledove!
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Been busy all day with physical therapy, errand's and taking care of my family, I go online to find this shmuck talking to myself and others like this, excuse me? #1 on the poll most definitely, a good old fashioned attitude adjustment...

Si, yo agreeo con ChileRelleno. Yo voto numero uno. Porque we Rodrigo Bro's sticko togethero.
Token #774

Okay folks,
I don't know why we are getting upset about this, however, a few things to bear in mind.
Firstly, I fed the little furry mountain dweller with some wit/sarcasm/cynicism whatever, and probably ensouraged him to post more than he should.
Secondly, he was posting form Washington, said he'd been drinking and taking pills at what would have been around midnight your (USA) time.
Thirdly HH gave the troll a fair chance by talking quietly with him and warning him of his impending meeting with the Hot Fork.
Fourthly (is there such a word? ;)) he is obviously low time if he has any jumps at all, so he is bound to make a few mistakes and carry some misconceptions.....
Fifthly, maybe this was some sort of cry for attention, if so he got it...

So, lessons learned.....
Don't post stoned.
Don't post drunk.
Don't post when your angry, or tired, or emotional.
Don't enter a battle of sarcasm with a wide awake forum.
Don't tell your future friends to indulge in bestiality, unless of course you know them well enough to get away with the joke.

And finally, if you can't take the prong, don't get it wrong.

Apart from that, I don't see why he should be booted, just informed of his "Faux Pas", indiscretions etc, maybe he does have something of value to bring here, if we boot him, we'll never know.

I mean, we are civilised ain't we?
Besides, we can talk about this all we like, we can take polls etc, but none of us can actually boot people we disagree with off the forum. Thats what the moderators are for. We like to think we have some say here, but in reality we have zero influence over HH decisions. 'This ain't no democracy' applies, unless of course you subscribe to the Iraqi definition of democracy.;)
If you want the power to control who posts here, go start up your own forum...:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Fourthly (is there such a word? ;)) he is obviously low time if he has any jumps at all, so he is bound to make a few mistakes and carry some misconceptions.....

I beleive I read (in one of his many posts to the threads I do watch that he doesn't have any jumps yet. This would account for any errors in him making comments about jumping, BUT, having zero jumps and trying to come across like you know something about it, I think is kinda wrong. Anyhow, that's just me, and who am I really.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

If he's trying to fit in - how about jumping out of an airplane? I could say something witty like "When in Rome..." but I'm not that smart, I don't think of witty things. How about: This is a Forum that uses the work "Skydiving" twice in the header. If you don't have an interest in skydiving WTF are you doing here?

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

i've seen this time and time again from people that are needing attention...they thrive on it and negative attention is much easier to get than positive attention. (i'm encouraging it even now as i write this post...doh!)

kicking him off would only fuel his fire...let him stay and deal with his indiscretions. he might even learn something. nacmacfeegle is dead on...if he plays by the rules, let him stay. it isn't like anyone around here is going to let this guy slide, right?

there was an apology this morning when i logged on...perhaps he can be taught! ;)

"If you don't have an interest in skydiving WTF are you doing here?"

Cajones, the blurb at the start of the forum says "Whuffoes welcome here" or something like that. How are we gonna encourage people to join in the sport (good for all of us) if we exclude them for relatively minor indiscretions? Void is obviously keen on doing at least one jump, or is very low time, why shun him?

Anyway the kid has apologised, but that doesn't make him flame proof.....:)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I think NacMac has made the point brilliantly. I too have felt the Hot Fork.:P But, this shouldn't surprise me, as I spent a little too much time in the headmaster's office while in school.:(

I say, if he is willing to abide by the rules, he should be welcomed. If he is not genuinely interested in skydiving, he will eventually move on. Skydiving is like every other business, the DZ's need skydivers to survive. Better the sport grows.