LookUpHigh

New jumper/big guy gear dilemma

Here's the dilemma: I just got my A at 25 jumps and have 6 licensed jumps. I'm 6'2" and about 210lbs give or take, with average to muscular build. I'd like to have a complete rig put together this year but my options are limited so I'm looking for any and all advice.

Since finding used gear for my size and canopies over 200 is not an easy task, I'm not sure what my best bet is here. I don't think I'll be ready for the easily accessible 190 for a while, at least safely. The smallest I've jumped is a 240 student rig and felt fine on it. Renting gear is proving to be a pain and the cost will surely add up, plus I want my own gear so I can understand it and do my best to master it instead of using different gear always.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to piece this together in a cost/safety effective way. Or where to look or who to talk to. I'm looking for a freefly friendly container and a main I will be happy with for a couple seasons. I could care less about swooping, that's years from now, but I don't want to get bored. Thanks for any help.

Click on this link -

http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds/Detailed/Containers/Big_Mans_RIG_J5_Javelin_PD_218_Reserve_BONUS_STILETTO190_141843.html

-you're welcome.

By the way, listen to the ad and plan to never jump the Stiletto that comes with the rig. Sell it and buy something bigger and more square.

Hey Dave, thanks by the way. How hard do you think it would be for someone like me to sell that Stiletto? I mean for people to take my word that its legit when I don't know anything about it.

And you think a 15 year old rig will still be fine?