RobertE

Life

I have been reading through a few threads and found a few people who are unhappy with certain aspects of their lifes. Well I am here to dispence some advice.

Firstly life is unfair it always has and always will be there is nothing we can do about it so stop whinning about what you did not get and look at what you do have.

People are selfish and irrisponsible with others feelings so dont ever count on anyone except yourself yo make you happy

True friends are more important than anything else in this world, If you have one do anything to keep them if you have more than one count yourself amoungst the richist people on the planet

Humans should get of their pillars of superiority cause as a species we mean nothing we live on a planet that is 60 million years old thats in a solar system that is + - 60 billion years old thats is in a universe that is infinite so whats makes you think that your +- 80 year life means anything

Everyone stop whinning and have as much fun as possible nothing else matters

These are my own oppnions and if they offend anyone then they should not read this shit cause I am not that important that anyone should take me seriously

we live on a planet that is 60 million years old thats in a solar system that is + - 60 billion years old thats is in a universe that is infinite

Last I heard, the earth was approx. 4.3 billion years old...same with the sun. The rest of the solar system maybe around the same age..:)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Sometimes, it is just hard:(. Even worse when others try to 'pull you down'. Your opinion is your opinion and you have that right. Some of us have a struggle sometimes:(. I find I am the happiest during and after a jump.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

3.8-5 Billion seems to be the numbers tossed around at Nasa last I was reading up on it. The Sun is closer to the late 3ish I think. Its a fairly late forming star compaired to the birth of the Universe. The Earth I was thinking was the mid 3 billion year range. :P

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The earth and the sun are about the same age and are at least 4 billion years old. The solar system is made of matter that is actually the leftovers of a earlier generation of stars that went nova (the Moby song, "We Are All Made Of Stars" is literally true, as every atom in our bodies were formed in a star).

As an aside, I saw Angelyne at the Fetish Ball on Satuday. That was scary. I've seen her and her pink corvette around town many times, but I've never seen her up close before.

dont ever count on anyone except yourself yo make you happy

True friends are more important than anything else in this world,

hmmm....I'm confused...hehehe, I agree 100%, but I'm still confused.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

4.3 billion years old...same with the sun

I think you guys are missing this guy's message....4 billion or 60 billion, it don't matter...

From what I hear him saying, it's either shit or get off the pot or maybe Would you like some cheese with your whine ?? or maybe he's just trying to say that you should be grateful for what you have and that your little insignificant problems are nothing compared to the vast universe of space and time.... just my opinion for the night.

Go skydive and be grateful for what you have and remember that things will get better...they may get worse first, but they will always get better. OR you die, and then you really have no worries afterall, now do you ??

Go SKYDIVE - you might just feel better B|;)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I'll add my thoughts for the day.

Complacency kills. It's like those freak accidents that happen, and all the witnesses say, "it came out of nowhere. She never knew what hit her." Don't let it happen to you.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

George Pilkington (developer of the first commercially avaliable full face skydiving helmet, and Timeouts) came up with a great idea.....
Its called a 'Deal With It!' card.

Basically you keep this wee card in your jump suit, wallet wherever, and when the poodoo hits the air conditioning you whip it out, clench it between your teeth to prevent whining, and 'Deal with it'.

Seems to work too....

No point complaining cos no-one listens anyway....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I pretty much agree with your words. Would have been nice to be more accurate on the dates, but who's counting (There's always someone on here to check the dates!!). Noone can pull you except yourself. When I find myself down, take a deep breathe, suck it and remind yourself that whatever got you there is nothing, but a jelly bean. Small and gone in an instant. GET UP AND GO!!! Then I funnel an exit and all is good and right in the world again!

very true...I especially like this one..."True friends are more important than anything else in this world, If you have one do anything to keep them if you have more than one count yourself amoungst the richist people on the planet "...

[:/] I think that is what my problem is...*sigh*...I live in small town usa, with no one to play with. [:/]

True friends are more important than anything else in this world, If you have one do anything to keep them if you have more than one count yourself amoungst the richist people on the planet

Family... Your children are the most important... If your family sucks and you don't have kids then yes.. True friends are where it is at.. In the last year a few skydivers have entered the true friend category.. They have earned my trust and respect..

And who is whining??

The only friends that I choose to have are skydivers.. Each and every one of us are sharing our hardships with each other for a reason.. In a way we are family.. Some of us are more than friends.. More than true friends..

For the most part I don't hear whining.. I hear venting.. And friends vent to friends any time they choose...

I try and have as much fun as possible.. Some of us... RGroper, Lummy, Myself and many others will not sacrafice our childrens future at the expense of us having FUN.. After all our kids are #1.. Venting and talking to each other is a means at which some people stay focused.. Most of the time when someone posts something that you see as whining they are in fact venting.. Keeping themselves focused on something that is important to them. Us supporting them is what separates the kind of friendship we have from the rest..

My rant is temporarily over...

Rhino

Maybe I am the only one who thinks this way, but I believe in an afterlife and that my life does matter. I may only be on this planet physically for a very short period of time, but I hope to God my soul lives on.

I think I agree with Rhino, its more venting, not whining. everyone gets down. I've been down for a bit, talking with friends, or in my case, cause I'm not ready to talk about it, reading about other peoples upsets and similar personal problems helps me to deal with my own.[:/]

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

WOW..."Very deep", man! So are you an arm-philosopher, and perhaps an Existentialist, too?

Personally, I'm in agreement with Muenkel. I believe in God and an after-life. What we do DOES matter. What we see is never all that there is anyways. At the risk of being cliche': IT IS like ripples on a pond- or movement caused by the wind. An interpersonal version of Einstein's "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction..."

No matter who/what/where you are, YOU DO MATTER, and each of us is important and of value.

:)

Everyone stop whinning and have as much fun as possible nothing else matters

This is foolish.

The forums give people a chance to open up about things that hurt them. This suck-it-up nonsense is why millions of people have to pay professionals to listen to them. It's why millions of people are taking medication to remove their feelings.

Religion is the opiate of the masses. Life is hard, what is it, "nasty, cold, brutish and short (?)" and since it hurts we turn to each other for solice. Take away religion and opium is the opiate of the masses.

I agree that you shouldn't whine that the deli is out of pastrami. But if you feel lonely and anxious about raising your children, you can get a quick friendly quote from a DZ.commer that you maybe or maybe don't know.

That tough-guy crap is why so many people die young, and are ready to go when the do.

Nick Nolte was not whining and was having as much fun as possible when he went driving on Rufenol a couple weeks ago. Many other things mattered.

That feeling of insignificance is the number one cause of suicide. If fun is the only thing that matters, and you're not having fun, then people choose to end it.

I'd prefer for them to whine a little while they get over it and the sun comes out from behind the clouds.