Sonic

why does shit happen to nice guys?

Okay, joking aside, women are just plain wierd, if you can find the answer to what flicks their switch and makes 'good guys' attractive, you could sell it and never have to work again. And put me down for a case of the stuff too.:S:S

Men don't understand women because of two things.
1- They are trying to find "one" answer. Women are not all the same, just like guys are different.
2- They are not always going to tell you the truth about what they are thinking, just like guys. They may have a reason for not telling you everything.

The problem is when you have to date "the one".
You want to figure out a set of rules in order for that to occur.

Solution: Give up. Just get to know them. Have a good time. Enjoy their company. If they are a good person and she doesn't want to date you, you still have a cool friend. (She may even hook you up.)
Don't just hug the honeys at the dz. Be a person.
Guys that don't have girls as buds are missing half the population.

I think that jerks and nice guys probably get rejected close to the same number of times. The difference being that the jerk doesn't care too much about the outcome of asking a girl out, because he knows he can always just ask another one, thus instead of complaining about always getting rejected, he just forgets about her and moves on to the next girl he wants to ask out. While the nice guy dwells on who to ask out and then takes it harder when he is rejected, leading to making it more difficult to ask someone else out. The jerk invests less emotional significance in it and as a result probably asks a lot more girls out. And the more you ask, the higher the probability that one of them will say yes. Jerks are just better at making the numbers work for them.

Just a theory from the nice guy point-of-view.

B|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

"The problem is when you have to date "the one". "

I found her about 11 years ago, and haven't let go of her since....

B|B|B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Amen to what Amber said. I'm a nice gal and I'm sure as hell not finishing first right now, I'm getting nailed to the wall. And I'm don't pick jerks, I have no problem with nice guys and actually prefer them. He started as a nice guy. And I'm going to take the advice given on previous posts and not say much here just in case. But divorce SUCKS[:/][:/]

Those of you who are nice guys, stay true to yourselves as Zennie said. What's meant to be will be and we'll all find our soulmates when the time is right.

Sassy

Turn this around. What do you want in a woman? Most guys want both ends of the spectrum. A nice church-girl to introduce to the parents and grandparents, and who will set a good example for children, neighbors, and the boss. They also want a complete freak in their bed.

So, just maybe, women want the same full spectrum. If all your showing is the church-boy, then there's little hope you're going to be the Romance Novel Cover Manly-Man this chick wants during 'private-time'.

All people relationships involve "pushing". The other person will push you to find out at what point you will push back. If it's too soon, you're an assh*le. If you don't push back at all, you're a punk. There's a magic spot right in the middle there where you're a stand-up guy that deserves respect.

Good luck in your search, don't lose hope.

Well, I was paraphrasing a freind of mine's description of why his long term committed marriage was going so well. He described his wife this way: "She looks like the girl next door, but f*cks like a wh*re"

It sounds nasty, but it's a good thingB|

Ooh...can I use that in my profile too?? I like that description and umm it fits pretty well;):$

I know there are guys out there who are nice guys.
I know that there are nice girls looking for nice guys.
However, there is somebody for everybody. So if you are one of those evil vixens who just want someone who will use you for the wild woman you are, pm me, let's not disturb the others. ;)

Funny how nice guys fall for the bad girls and how the nice girls fall for the bad guys. So in the end... you only get some if you're bad. ;)

Chivo

That IS it!! Exactly. I think on a subconcious level what it is, is that you KNOW how it's gonna probably turn out already- But it's the thrill of the pursuit- of wishing to "win" someone over that's exciting. I think this is often simply CLASSIC of people in their 20's.

You just need someone mature enough, or at least acts that way!;) to really dig ya for who you are.

Let's dispense with the Players and Games. Let's be real. Heaven knows I DO try to be!