Floater

Something to think about

Something to ponder:

You are the President of the United States. Scientists have discovered a meteor that is headed towards the earth. They have calculated that it will strike France in 2 days, at approximately 2:30 A.M. The meteor is large enough to completely wipe France from the face of the earth forever.

France and the United Nations have requested that the United States send all available ships and aircraft to help evacuate the country. Among the ships and planes you could be send are many that are being used to fight the war on terror overseas.

As the President, you must decide: Do you stay up late on the night of the impact to watch the coverage live, or tape it and watch it in the morning?

As American president I do not have the common sense to realise that a road evacuation is by far the most efficient way to evacuate a country that has land borders.....

France will surrender to the meteorite long before there is any threat, real, or imagined.....;)

They will then park all their lorries and tractors on the approach roads to the ports in protest that French ships are not being used to evacuate the country.

Evacuation activities will halt for a couple of hours while a light lunch of bread cheese and local wine is consumed.

At the last minute all France will cross the border into Belgum, instantly making that country an interesting place at long last, and watch safely from the sidelines.

;););););)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

In which case, they'd quaff as much Stella as they can get their hands on, and munch the chocolate, cos they are about 4 minutes from vapourisation.....:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Also as President of the United States am so far up my own ass that I don't realise that if the meteorite strikes France at 2.30 am, I can still watch it on TV live before the babysitter says its time to go to bed.
2.30 in France means its only about early evening in Washington. But again as President of the US, I probably don't even know how to set the timer on the VCR anyway.

But hey this is all imaginary eh? ;)

--------------------

Who do you think gave the world French Fries and French Toast?

French kissing, Kraft French dressing, French cut underwear,...

How would Lance win his fourth Tour de France in a row? This presents unprecendented cultural problems.

Maybe the French would be willing to build a huge Maginot ceiling to keep the meteor out.

So many berets, so little time.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I would do neither, knowing that every available news agency in the country will be filming it and then rebroadcasting it continually for the next 2 months, complete with scientific, political, religious, and any other kind of commentary you can think. I won't be able to miss it even if I wanted to...

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

And we'd probably spend endless hours on the forum discussing whether the meteorite was within its rights to impact an innocent country without just cause...;)

--------------------

well we could take action against the meteorite, by launching nuclear (oh wait, I'm supposed to be Dubya? nukular!) missiles at it...
But since it would be the USA taking action, the French themselves would probably protest it loudly.:P

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Instead of US Navy ships I would bring in every African, Phillipino, Dutch Ferryboat we could find. All the Liberian freighters and every single hulled supertanker left, and leave the Haitian Navy in reserve with the Russian Imperial Navy also. I think that should take care of any evacuation plans.

And we'd probably spend endless hours on the forum discussing whether the meteorite was within its rights to impact an innocent country without just cause...;)

They'd probably file a protest with the meteor about its use of their airspace. BTW, sorry about the embassy...oops, those darn laser-guided thingies can be so inaccurate. ;)

Jalousy will get you nowhere boys....

No jealousy...Reminds me of the time I snaked a couple canadian backpacker girls from a couple of smelly french guys outside paris. Ended up going to Disneyland Paris with them. If anyone wants to know of the hidden spot to get lucky there, let me know... ;)
-----
~~~Michael