skyboyblue

winter hobby?

live ON so. cal, eric?

Well, technically I guess that's accurate...he does live on the surface of the state, and not down inside it....

so since once the otter takes off i'm no longer 'in' or 'on' AZ does that mean the rules dont apply? wheee the fun ill have on Fri..;)

It's already really cold here...I'm not thru student status yet anyways, so may not be anymore jumps for me til spring..So this winter Movies, reading, Fri. night swimming @ a university's indoor pool AND introduce sleeding and skiing to (ME and) my daughter.

I haven't skied in years because I tore up my left knee in a car-pedestrian accident quite a while ago...and consequently have "lost" my Posterior Cruciate Ligament! Supposedly (3 different experts have told me that)I can do whatever sports I want- as long as my quads & ham strings are strong. But it is more wobbly then the rt. knee... I really miss it & look forward to doing it again!

I don't think that is wierd at all. There is less atmoshpere are pressure as you get higher and luss becomes more vacuum like. I think I was reponding to a section of the post that said it gets warmer. Now THAT is wierd.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

that's why it's called a tempature inversion!!!

Hat eto sound like Cliff Claven but actually temperature inversion is when you have a mass of warm air OVER colder air. It's normally cold air on top and warmer as you near the surface. That's why it's called "inversion" ;)

I hear you mama...I'm looking forward to not being exhausted from the heat after only 3 jumps.

I hear that. It's gonna be nice this weekend.

Current Conditions

75°F
Partly Cloudy Feels Like 77°F

UV Index: 6 Moderate

Dew Point: 66°F

Humidity: 73%

Visibility: Unlimited miles

Pressure: 30.00 inches and steady

Wind: Variable at 5 mph

As reported at Tampa/vandenberg, FL Last Updated Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 12:57 PM Eastern Standard Time.

that's why it's called a tempature inversion!!!

Hat eto sound like Cliff Claven but actually temperature inversion is when you have a mass of warm air OVER colder air. It's normally cold air on top and warmer as you near the surface. That's why it's called "inversion" ;)

Wow. I just read that and you sounded JUST LIKE Cliff Claven. Great imitation! :P

what do we all do when not skydiving(as much, at least)during the winter?

This is not a problem for me. Skydiving is just one of many hobbies I have. Actually, even during the summer I have trouble finding the time to go to the DZ...I brew beer, I'm a member of Frederick Original Ale Makers (FOAM), I go hiking, working out, drawing, etc.. I also have family living in the area so sometimes I'm getting together with them...I also live in an area where there's always lots of shit going on, festivals, art gallery openings, etc. I'm also within walking distance of pubs w/ live music, live theatre, etc. Sometimes I wonder how other people manage to spend almost every weekend at the DZ.

But I guess if I lived out in East Bumf&*k I would probably have much fewer activities competing for my time.:P And some of these other activities cost little or no money, unlike skydiving....
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Something you might be interested in. My friend went to Australia on vacation. Here is what he told me: There used to be a very old law that all places serving alchohol had to provide lodging also. Therefore, the really old breweries were also hotels.
He went on The Beer Tour of Australia. Was gone two weeks. True story. It is kind of a tour of landmarks with taps. B|

I'm a member of Frederick Original Ale Makers (FOAM)

I lived near Bowie when they started up a homebrew club. We finally settled on the name Maryland Ale and Lager Technicians (MALT). The first choice, though, was Brewers Of Old Bowie Society (BOOBS). If there had been more skydivers in the club...
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

On Saturday a bunch of us (FOAM) are going to be treated to a tour of the Frederick Brewing Company (we get to taste free samples of their different brews)..followed by dinner at the local brew pubB|B| hey it'll be too cold/cloudy for skydiving anyway.

boy did I choose the right combination of hobbies!!B|

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Winters are the shits in Montana, because it's next to impossible to find a place to jump. What kept my spirits up, the past two years, was a pilgrimage to Perris at Christmas. That isn't going to happen this year though. I hope to do some snow skiing in the western part of the state, and who knows maybe even get a jump or two in either at Lost Prairie or Stevensville. Steve1

You're in Michigan, right? (I read your posts about changing dropzones) I moved to Boston from Michigan (grew up outside of Detroit)----anyway, if you want to fix the wobbly knee you should see Dr. Carpenter at MedSport in Ann Arbor. He put my knee back together--he's also a surgeon for the U of M football team. I figured if he could put those guys back together, he could handle my knee! Say Hi to Michigan for me :)