pungdjevel

CYPRES cutter cable damage

While installing a CYPRES 2 (returned from 8 year service) I found a damaged cutter cable. Airtec replaced the cutter free of charge, no questions asked. Customer service was beyond excellent. I am however not so impressed by the 8 year service not detecting a clearly visible damage to the cutter cable.

I am the previous rigger packing this reserve and thus the one who damaged the cable in the first place. Now I need to figure out how I can better protect the cable and avoid damaging the new cutter. Has anyone seen this type of damage before and if so how was it solved?

The container in question is an older Javelin.
The metal plate that make up the anchor point for reserve closing loop against the backpad of container is pulled upwards when reserve closing loop is under tension.
At the same time the freebag will push the area around this anchor point down. This creates a sharp edge and bends the cutter cable at the worst possible position right next to the "cutter head". The damage on the cutter cable aligns perfectly with this sharp edge.

I am in contact with Sun Path but they have failed to recommend any solution as to how I should proceed.