Sky_doggy

Harness size question

Hello,

I have this question into Sunpath, but I thought I'd run it by the forum.

I am looking to understand the typical size range (height / weight) that a C18 harness on a J3 container would be.

I have a J4/C18 and at 5'11" @ 170 lb (195 lb out the door) I find it snug, its not too small but it wouldn't want to be any smaller

I am looking at buying J3/C18 second hand and I can't easily "try before I buy" without getting into expensive to and fro shipping costs.

I am seeking folks opinion on if a J3/C18 would be too big.

Thanks

C/18 means it has a 'C' width yoke, and an 18" main lift web. There are other factors that will influence the fit of the harness, like the length of the laterals and length of the legstraps.

What you need to do is get your serial number, and the serial number from the rig your are considering, and get the detailed measurements from Sunpath so you can compare the two, beyond the yoke/MLW size.

C/18 means it has a 'C' width yoke, and an 18" main lift web. There are other factors that will influence the fit of the harness, like the length of the laterals and length of the legstraps.

What you need to do is get your serial number, and the serial number from the rig your are considering, and get the detailed measurements from Sunpath so you can compare the two, beyond the yoke/MLW size.

what Dave said, but also be aware that your overall height can play very little into the size of the harness.
I for instance am 5'9", BUT I have a 21" MLW measurement, due to short legs long body. a standard fit for 5'9" is about 17-18, both of these are too small for me.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?