Maksimsf

best replacement legpads

I need to replace my legpads on my Mirage RTS. It hurts like hell if i do anything under the canopy. I need something wide, but firm, I don't care about extra padding, I just need something that is not going to be bent over webbing. I was thinking to buy stock mirage legpads, but for that money I decided to shop around snd see if any other options available. I like the ones on our Icon rental I jumped before, really wide and firm. Any big boys who had similar problem?

There are pads that go over the shoulder belt in your car. Cheap and just slide over your current pads. If you don't like them, not much money wasted.

got 4 of them already, single is too small and double is just too big. They are soft and dont help much. :(

Some leg strap webbing is skinny: two layers of webbing sewn directly on top of each other for the entire length. Others start at one end skinny, then the two layers get spread out wider and wider, almost to twice the original width at center, then back to skinny at the end.

If you have the first type of leg straps, then I'd recommend upgrading the webbing + the pads instead of just the pads. That would be pretty affordable if you have hip rings. Ask Mirage.. they've done some affordable custom work for me in the past.

Well, I just looked up the RTS and it seems they don't come with hip rings standard. Still though, if you have the skinny straps, I'd call Mirage and see if they can widen the existing ones for you (webbing and padding).

I can't comment about Mirage, but years ago I saw some seriously cushy leg pads that the CRW folks were using. They looked like they were done at the factory but I didn't ask. Does anyone remember these... or are they still in use/production?

I need to replace my legpads on my Mirage RTS. It hurts like hell if i do anything under the canopy. I need something wide, but firm, I don't care about extra padding, I just need something that is not going to be bent over webbing. I was thinking to buy stock mirage legpads, but for that money I decided to shop around snd see if any other options available. I like the ones on our Icon rental I jumped before, really wide and firm. Any big boys who had similar problem?

As with most things directly releated to the construction of your rig, the best option is to call or email the manufacturer.

www.miragesys.com

386-740-9222

[email protected]

Believe it or not, the manufacturers would love for you to have a good experience with their product. They are welcoming to speak to and not scary at all.

Explain your problem, they will undoubtedly have multiple solutions for you.

Have you tried asking your local riggers? There's a possibility that one or more of them have the know-how and materials required to make your existing leg pads more "user friendly".
Padalcek - CCO, HF-17
http://www.theflyinghellfish.com
I'm not a real skydiver - but I do play one on dz.com.