Parrot

Personal problems, need your opinion.

Hello all,

There´s a problem that´s bugging me:

A year ago I became sick, I had a `burnout` from my work. I experienced a lot off stress which I could not release from myself.
After a while I seeked help from some therapists, during that period I had some ups and downs. But today I´m in therapy for my problems for about three months, these are full-time therapies.
I have the feeling I had some positive result from the therapies during the past 2/3 months, but now it feels like I cant get more positive things from the therapy, without staying and working there for the next 6 months.
I still experience stress and depressions sometimes, but they are not as deep, and I can get myself through them now.

The problem is that, if I stay in therapy longer I´ll have to do some medical tests which will declare me unfit to work, which is bad if I need a new job. Because if a new boss finds out about this `unfit to work`, he/they most probably will not give me the new job.(which I eventually want offcourse)

So the question is:

Should I stay in full-time therapy longer and try to find out and solve all my problems, for which I must do a big effort and solve a relative small part of the problem(s). And have a hard time getting a new job after that, because of the `unfit to work` tests.

Or is it wise to go find a new job and a new life, and try to solve the remaining problem(s) in part-time therapy, on a less intensive base, and have more chance of getting a new job.

I know you´re not all therapists, but I really like your opinions, imagine you were in such an situation.

:|

Heh, thats funny .

If burnout from your job was part of the original problem, then why not try a change of jobs or careers? And if you do decide to try a different career, will it really matter if you take 6 months out now? You could always just say you went travelling for those 6 months... (not that I'm telling you to lie on your CV or anything. ;))

You've got to decide whats more important to you right now - working through your issues or holding down your job.

Will

Any situation that starts to put your health at risk is a bad one.
Only you can decide how much you can handle.
So therefore if you feel you need the therapy.... have it.
I am sure you family would/will support you and realize that at the end of the day, it's your life (and quality of it) that counts.
Don't get blinkered by the goals you have set, try to look at other/less stressful ways to find the type of work you want to do (that is if you really want that type of work)

Good luck dude ;)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

um I find that if I daydream about my next jump IO releave alot of stress. if that doesnt work I got out and strangle a prostitute...there free! LOL:P

I would try to do WHATEVER it is that makes you happy.Id rather be happy and struggling then miserable and content(with money)!

My photos

My Videos

Personally, I find posting on dz.com and insulting Skreamer and Clay to be pretty good therapy. ;)

That said, you need to take a look at the big picture and do the evaluation of your mental health. None of us can do that for you, or tell you what to do. All I'd say is to be serious about the decision and be honest with yourself, no matter the outcome.

Good luck.

Personally, I find posting on dz.com and insulting Clay to be pretty good therapy.
----------------------------------------------------------
Actually it is alot of fun and can put you in a good mood to watch his reaction

But what about Clay's feelings? Oh wait, he doesn't have any...ok then, carry on.;)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I know a bit about this as I am also in a stressed out job atmosphere and have been unsucessful in therapy. I would like to say that I left my job and it was all better but I cant bring myself to start a new career at this point in my life. Friends saying "just hang in there" mean well but they do not know the pain you feel and that makes it hurt more. There is knowone but you that can make the decision to leave your job or pursue more therapy but I think you should do what will make you happiest in the long run. Know this though, I do know what it means to hurt this way and I hope you can overcome that which is hurting you.

Good luck

Don´t belive the hype

I know you´re not all therapists, but I really like your opinions, imagine you were in such an situation.
------------------------------------------------------------
OK,Im gonna do just that.I cant make the choice for you but if it was me,I am pretty sure I would know in my heart what I needed to do,I would make that choice and dude,have COMPLETE faith that things will work out for the best.Fu*k worrying about how its gonna effect your future employment.Take care of YOURSELF and everything will work out how its supposed to.

Good luck man

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Something to consider: If you pick up and change your life, the only ones who care are your family, current friends, and yourself.
If your family and current friends are part of the problem (and often they are), then that's a good thing. Screw them. If they're not, they'll almost certainly be supportive.
Yours is the only opinion that matters in the long run. Who cares if you used to make more money, or have a more respectable job. If you want to live without the "stuff" that brought you (and it sounds like that would be a good idea), then figure out where you want to be, and a plan to begin getting there.
Why only begin? Well, if you plan the whole thing, then getting there won't be half the fun!
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hi all,

Thx for your posts and your pm´s.
When I´m going to make the decision I will remind me your reactions.
I will also discuss it with my family and (non-dropzone.com)friends. The issue was `worrying` on my mind. But being able to talk it over with you, and reading your reactions helped me a lot.

Thx, Rob

Heh, thats funny .

Try to figure out what is triggering you and do your best to solve it/get it out of your life/whatever. A majority of us have gone through something that did this to us, I know I have and I know that I've personally have had some very very scary moments, but I've worked to eliminate the things that do that to me from my life and I'm doing much better now. I had similar worries, since I knew if I went for help, I'd be given drugs and if I had ever been prescribed those, my give career choice would be severly hurt.

Now, everyone is different, I can't really offer you more advice then that, since what worked for me may not work for you, eitherway we've got your back man.:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."