dot_txt

Javelin reserve flap

So, I have a Javelin J1 (DOM 1997), which has been great. Ever since I got it though, I wondered if the reserve flap would tend to pop open in a freefly (sitting position) with the bottom edge not being tucked in. Anyone have experience with this, and whether or not it behaves well in a freefly environment? Just curious..

I've jumped several pre-1998 Javelins (1998 is when they went to the better main reserve tuck flaps, bridle protection etc) and never had any issue with the reserve flap. It depends on how used the container is though, the older worn out it is or what size reserve you have it it (to soft) may also make a difference.

I would personally be more concerned with the main flap, especially without bridle protection. I've had the main flap come open on some jumps before. Same reasons as above could affect it.

Bottom line, pre-1998 Javelins weren't made with freeflying in mind, more of the RW scene.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar