RiggerLee

Pia manufactorer tours?

Are any of the manufactorers there in FL going to be running tours during PIA? Maybe on the Sun before or Sat after? I don't supose theres maybe a bus takeing people out there or some thing of that nature?

Not a chance! Do you think we want hords of riggers stomping through our production facilities disturbing the workers and getting in the way. Do you think we want you to be stealing our secrets then going home and competing with us? ;)

Seriously; I suppose there will be something from some of the companies. We are not planning anything formal that I know of just come by and if we are open (normal hours, I think) someone will break loose and show you around.

:)
Every time I have ever been to the skydiving capital of the world, which is DeLand.

Every manufacturer has been exceptionally gracious and accomoodating.

Understand however that during the symposium many are going to be in Daytona. Also know that fridays seem to turn into half days...

As far as Mr Sherman, considering he sleeps in his production facility, he will most likely offer a midnight tour at some point??? (That's a joke, Mr. Sherman.) But based upon my past experience, it's really close to the truth!

I would suggest calling ahead, to make sure staff is available, but this group of individuals have just walked in on more than one occasion and they have always made us feel welcome!

You can literally visit the vast majority of manufacterers by walking around 2 or so blocks!
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."