nubain1

opinion-midlife crisis or not?

I was talking to my ex-wife last night.She called to see how things are going since I moved to Co.We've been on speaking terms for about a year now.(It was real nasty at the beginning of the divorce.) Anyway, she thinks I've been going through a mid-life crisis since we split up.She bases this assumption on since we've split up I've started skydiving(currently stuck on AFF 5) and I got my niple pierced and went monday and got my tongue pierced.And now I drink about 1-2 times a week instead of 1-2 times a year.I told her that I'm now doing the things that I wanted to do before and living life on my terms w/o having to answer to anybody but myself.She said I was crazy.What do you guys and Ladies think? Is it a mid life or am i finally enjoying myself?:P

It's your life -- what does her opinion matter? Really. "Whatever" or "hmmmm" is always the best answer to this one.

Anyway, it's only a mid-life crisis if you're in crisis.:D
Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think your ex needs to go skydiving, otherwise she'll never understand. And I also think that everything she mentioned is a product of one thing, skydiving. You made a jump, something you always wanted to do, you loved it, then everything else fell into place...drinking, piercing etc...

30 is way too young for it to be a midlife crisis. B|That's like announcing you're already halfway there!
Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Your wife thinks your crazy because she can't control you anymore

I totally agree.....you do what you want to do. Don't worry about what people think. If you feel its wrong quit....If you feel its ok, then its something you really want to do...express yourself however makes you happy...you only live once, and no one can tell you how to find your happiness but you.

Remeber who #1 is in your life. Then take care of #1 and make sure #1 is happy. I hope you picked yourself:P To me it sounds like you're loosening up a bit. The things you described don't seem to equate to a mid life crisis.

By the way I recomend finishing up AFF ASAP. Being current is muy importanto....B|

Good luck bra:)

I guess it might have been the opposite had you started skydiving when you both were together.

Check out the pic attached. I know I've seen a Boy version, but use your imagination

Until she's tasted flight, she'd never get it. And doing a tandem may not be enough.

I don't see getting pierced as having a midlife crisis. If you went out and got pierced in the 3-ring format, now you've got an identity crisis!:ph34r:

My other ride is the relative wind.

Girls.jpg

I do'nt feel wrong or bad about anything I'm doing.I'm enjoying life for the first time in years.(now do I owe beer for saying first?)I just thought it was funny as hell that she said it.I used to be called crazy for being a firefighter and loved the job the 8 years that I worked it.Ut got tired of all the BS and quit.

As everyone else says, take care of you, enjoy what you want, and 30 is no where near mid-life!!!!!! Too many times we sacrifice what we want because of someone else:(. Enjoy life!!!!!! Do what you want to do for a change:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Not even close to a midlife crisis. Everything you have said is more an expression of yourself, not a crisis where you are looking for someone else to fulfill the inner you.

I can't say I can relate as my ex and I only speak when it is ABSOLUTELY necessary, but I can honestly say I'm not going through a midlife crisis and I've taken up skydiving, had my belly pierced and do lots and lots of crazy things; however, they are things that make me happy not things I look to someone else for. (That is my definition of a crisis...when you are looking for someone else to prove your worth)

Anyway, I'm slightly happy right now so take this rant for what it is and go on and have a good time. Live your life and tell her to live hers.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

nubain1,

come to the dz this weekend and i'll evaluate if it's a real mid life crisis or not....

p.s. wana bum me a couple jump tix.. the caravan will be there to fly and i wana jump more...lol......i'll be wearing my wingnut hat for ya to spot me if ya make it out... or i'll be wearing a black camera suit with black front and red back wings...

Hey, who cares whether or not you are having a mid-life crisis, your having a ball arent ya? DAMN dude! YOUR A SKYDIVER NOW!

That is all there is to life.

By the way, the whole alcohol thing, it goes hand in hand with skydivers, so does the peircings. (only if your going to be a freeflyer)

Embrace the new you. ((hug)) Welcome to the sick club of freaks.

Sound like you are acting normally. Got my first tatoo when I was 30. Was Managing Director of a large logistics company then. Got my second tatoo last year (33) was Managing Director of a large manufacturing company.

While teaching my secretary (no strange thoughts a lady 55 years of age) to play golf we knocked out every window in my office.

I love techno music and go clubbing as long as they have heavy techno

I started skydiving when I was 34 and am asking myself why the hell did I wait 10 years

Dude, you are starting to act normal. Let whoffos watch paint dry. I'm sure its fascinating, it just ain't for me;)

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

and I got my niple pierced and went monday and got my tongue pierced.

A nipple piercing...ok
But your tongue!!!!!Thats just sick man...thats not a mid life crisis...thats just plain everyday crazy.

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

Looks like I'm the old-timer thus far, 37 & just out of divorce court.

First off, 30 is way too young to be having a mid-life crisis.

I suppose given what I'm doing now some people may say I'm having a mid-life crisis of sorts. Only problem with that is that I've always done this kind of stuff. Now I just do it more.

I don't view my situation as a mid life crisis. To me it's a new life opportunity. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I agree with you Michele. Whenever somebody goes 'out over their norm', people tend to call it a mid life crisis or whatever. Unfortunately, some of us have to wait WAY TOO LONG to discover what makes us really happy. I've gotten the reaction of disbelief, that I would do anything as risky as skydiving. I stepped way over the edge:S, according to some people, and sadly, they will never understand:(. If I decide to never go any farther with skydiving, than tandems, at least I can say "I did something for ME". It's a great feeling;).

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.