homer

newbies

I was just looking at the newbie intro forum and is it me or is there a lot more new people to the site or at least new posters than before the forums change. Is this just a coincidence or are they feeling more willing to say hi without the fear of being bashed like some of the past newbie posters.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I think they are more willing to introduce themselves. Now they have a forum to do that in. When I started, I didn't introduce myself, I just "jumped" right in!:S I guess I just didn't feel the need to formally introduce myself or thought it was necessary:(. So here goes....Hi, I'm "hooked" (on skydiving that is).

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I noticed that too, I think you're right.
Newbies- come out, come out, wherever you are....come and play with us!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Wow, you're so quick. Gotta love a person who's ready to join in. What game....well, we have monopoly and Twister here at the house. Either of those? ;)

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, Monopoly sounds good for me, I want money :P
How about Trivial Pursuit?

Sports: What is the hobby, where you leave an aeroplane at altitude?

And honestly, of course every newbie needs some slapping. If you can't take it, who cares?

Twister at Mama's sounds good enough to me!

"And honestly, of course every newbie needs some slapping. If you can't take it, who cares? "

Hell, some of the regular posters here need at least a good slapping every now and then....:)

One thing I've learned here, if can't take a slapping, flaming, being SHOUTED at, the occasional nufdge from a hot fork, or having your sexual preferences slandered, you have no business being here at all.B|
Welcome aboard Teemu.

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

"Ok, that quote isn't from my original post, but..."

>>>>Jumping up and down impatiently
It was me, it was me, I said that....:$

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Ok, that quote isn't from my original post, but..."

>>>>Jumping up and down impatiently
It was me, it was me, I said that....

Oops. I fucked up....it happens every now and then. Do i need to get slapped for it?;)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

. Is this just a coincidence or are they feeling more willing to say hi without the fear of being bashed

Lost all fears when I jumped out of the plane for the first time.
And in reply to your quote.... I couldnt wait to start talking to other skydivers, and reading all about their experiences, because I'm sooooo new to skydiving, and I know one other person who skydives....but he has cash, and is constantly chasing boogies over the country:(

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

I lurked around for awhile (and will continue to lurk more than post as my experience level is still low) but having the new forum made it easier to say Hello. And everyone has been really sweet in saying Hello back so I'm glad that I started participating in the forums.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Cora, don't let jump numbers, or post numbers put you off, your opinion is just as worthless here as everybody elses...;)

Actually some of the best posts I've seen have come from people with fewer jumps than you, so don't be shy.

--------------------

Oops. I fucked up....

:o:o Oh my God ! :o:o Sunshine said "fucked". I didn't think girls with blonde hair and pig tails knew words like that. It must be a wig. :P

Bathe me with sunshine. I want to get tanned.:$:P
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Twister at Mama's sounds good enough to me!

Nacmac, you have an open invitation to play Twister with me anytime. ;)

Take it from someone whose ass is a little red

In the world of a gorilla, a red arse means that they are horny as hell. Not that I'm suggesting your a gorilla or anything, but could there be some parallels there I wonder. ;)
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !